What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Munsters sale or trade

Jason Catrine

Registered
Hi guys,

I’m offering up for trade or sale my Munsters. It’s less than a year old (Dec2019) with less than 80 plays. I bought it NIB and condition wise its mint. I have double checked tonight and the ball has been kind and with less than 80 plays you’d expect things would be perfect anyway. Equally the outside of the cab is damage free and in the same new condition as the day i unboxed it.
Price wise i’m obviously taking a hit here but pitching it at a level I think is accurate for a less than year old pin with low plays, so asking £4750. Equally, i’m up for a trade. I don’t think i want another Stern though. Anything bally/williams considered or even a dialled in. I’m happy to add cash your way for a DI LE or Cirqus Voltaire.

Normally i’d add detailed pics but as there’s literally zero damage, heres some pics showing the plays and also when i was unboxing it.

Martin is at mine picking up another and dropping one off in 2 weeks time so ideally you’ll be happy with him collecting it for you.

Happy to answer any questions and if you do want detailed images, i’ll happily take the glass off and film every inch of it and send it over imessage or whatsapp.

Thanks for reading.

Jason.

E858F48F-5186-4C4C-B169-D8D9BBE718CD.jpeg
A6215F39-1D4E-478A-8552-0E99F0DB09AC.png
17352679-3E8B-4BB4-AB00-3EC286165495.jpeg
DE6D1E44-9873-4778-B847-E71318C17DF4.png
D53D552E-F47D-46E5-8DC0-A86E8E8DDCED.png

Attachments

• 52E0C247-B536-42B6-A19B-8E02010E53A1.jpeg
    52E0C247-B536-42B6-A19B-8E02010E53A1.jpeg
    70.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
quality mate - made both of us laugh; unfortunately, Mandy's response was not suitable for this thread :D

Its now on Ebay with a ridiculously low starting price as i got an error saying I couldn’t list with a starting price over £3500, but listed it anyway, as I figure i can cancel it if no one is bidding. If anyone is still thinking it over here, pm me please so I don’t have to deal with too many ebay chancers asking if I’ll accept £1000 etc.

Last edited:
Someone must be tempted by now. It’s getting to drunk o’clock and you can tell the mrs you didn’t realise you bought this and beg forgiveness later 😋

My top bidder on ebay has zero feedback so to say i’m not holding out much hope is massively underestimating things. #hate_eBay 🙄

Just cancel the bid from the zero feedback bidder and block them / others like that from bidding in your account settings

Just cancel the bid from the zero feedback bidder and block them / others like that from bidding in your account settings
I always do this, I’ve found that 0 feedback bidders winning my auctions often puts off other bidders, I have lost count how many times I’ve had messages saying if the current top bidder wins (0 feedback user) and doesn’t pay can I let them have the item for a set price, instead of them actually out bidding them, so I just reply with a no and cancel those bids.

Actually read your listing on ebay.
To say you will take PayPal (even if they pay the fees) is a bit daft.
Even if they send their own courier they could say in a few months 'item not received' and you could not prove it.
Be very careful.
I once got scammed out of a jukebox with this. PayPal paid back £1250, I forwarded emails with all the arrangements on it but they still came down on the buyers side.
Luckily I know some rather nice biker pals who worked as debt collectors for me - so I got the jukebox back!
I would have to see anyone getting ripped off - be careful.

Even if they send their own courier they could say in a few months 'item not received' and you could not prove it.
Be very careful.
I once got scammed out of a jukebox with this. PayPal paid back £1250, I forwarded emails with all the arrangements on it but they still came down on the buyers side.
Luckily I know some rather nice biker pals who worked as debt collectors for me - so I got the jukebox back!
Wise advice, especially with a 0 feedback new user, be careful @Jasonmuir737.

Be very careful.
It's a difficult situation for buyer and seller, a buyer is afraid to use a bank transfer as they have no protection and some sellers are reluctant to use Paypal for the reasons you have listed.

I have bought most of my machines and paid via Paypal to the seller, last machine being a RFM from a guy of UKVAC, i've also used Paypal when buying machines from sellers in the USA

Unfortunately it's the scumbag scammers that ruin it for the rest of us honest folk.

Thanks guys. I am super wary but totally appreciate PayPal now do a credit option and at current pin prices, credit might be the only option for some and I’d totally disregarded that. I really have little faith in ebay buyers actually coming through but for now i’ll jump through the hoops and keep my guard up. If they seem to be scammers i’ll just back off and re-list it. I’m 99% certain my top bidder is a scammer but for now i’ll be nice and give them the benefit of the doubt in the hope i get someone with feedback sticking a bid in before tomorrow afternoon. Genuinely appreciate the feedback. I have the same thoughts running through my head.

No problem - would hate anyone here getting caught in that scam.
Especially for £4.5k +

You have to consider, I was lucky - I got it back.

The blokes wife who conned me apparantly turned to her husband and said 'I told you one day this would happen'. I got my machine back due to 3 biker dudes. Them turning up (to a lovely house apparently) blocking the drive with a transit van and a Harley Davidson did the trick (as the guy was a streak of p*ss). No violence was hinted or carried out. If I had gone to the 'law' it would of taken MONTHS.

I now give Zero ducks that PayPal does credit. If they can not afford it they should not be bidding. They could win the auction and not pass the credit check.

Sorry pal - in this instance - CASH on COLLECTION or BANK TRANSFER PRIOR is king.

It may be worth adding the zero feedbacker here:

He wont be able to add anymore bids. If he asks you why - act dumb and tell him it must be a block ebay have put on and to call them :)

If the worst comes to the worst, I'm sure someone on here would outbid them, as long as no money & no machine changed hands afterwards ;) (guess I'm kinda volunteering here - drop me a PM if needed)

Guess it depends how much this potential Scammer put on thr value. £200, easy. Cancel it. Any more. Not so easy I guess.

GLWS - I think ebay was the right choice for it, given its at £4.5k - knock that bidder out and I’m sure it’ll get there before it ends.

To close this thread in case anyone’s looking for previous sold prices in the future, it sold for £4620. Bit less than i’d hoped for an 11 month old Stern but it is what it is. No love for the Munsters.

Thanks to all those who gave me the good advice. Its all very much appreciated.

Jason.

Back
Top Bottom