What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Munsters or Deadpool whats your thoughts?

scottydoesntknow

Site Supporter
Hi All, not sure why after selling most my collection buying 2 modern pins then selling them, i never seem content with my collection! i have rebuilt my collection to Demo man, Johnny m, Freddy, De StarWars, Csi & Family guy, now thinking i fancy Deadpool and Munsters never played either just watched lots of YouTube videos interested on anyones thoughts that have played them, as i have the funds for 1 but thinking do i sell half my collection again to buy both?

Ps im not a great player and sadly my fav machine is demo man!

Thanks in advance Scott

Hello Scott
I have a munsters pro if you wanted to spent a bit of time on it before making any decision. You’re not too far away from me (I’m 10 miles south of Bedford in a little village).
Feel free to drop me a pm if you want to do it and we’ll sort something out
Cheers
Jon

Hello Scott
I have a munsters pro if you wanted to spent a bit of time on it before making any decision. You’re not too far away from me (I’m 10 miles south of Bedford in a little village).
Feel free to drop me a pm if you want to do it and we’ll sort something out
Cheers
Jon
Awesome thank u, probably a controversial thread as most pins are like marmite dont want to start a Munsters Dead pool war lol

Awesome thank u, probably a controversial thread as most pins are like marmite dont want to start a Munsters Dead pool war lol

Aye at the end of the day it’s all personal opinion so always best to play them yourself if you can and then if you’re disappointed down the line no one else to blame.

Give me a shout if you want to sort out coming over

No doubt you will enjoy both regardless but there’s more chance of getting a good HUO DP as opposed to Munsters which would probs have to be NIB.
So my advice get DP (seen @5k) it has more polished ruleset due to having a few updates. Play for a year get and get your money back if it’s kept in nice fettle and by then you will see good HUO munsters filtering through with possible updated code.
So simple answer get both it’s just a time thing:thumbs:

No doubt you will enjoy both regardless but there’s more chance of getting a good HUO DP as opposed to Munsters which would probs have to be NIB.
So my advice get DP (seen @5k) it has more polished ruleset due to having a few updates. Play for a year get and get your money back if it’s kept in nice fettle

With so many new titles, and so many used newish titles saturating the market these days I'm not so certain the 'getting your money back ' is such a sure thing currently.

Seeing quite a few used high end newish games being price slashed to shift recently.

As always, if money is a real issue then spending thousands on a box of lights maybe isn't the most sensible move [emoji16]

For the record I wasn't impressed with Munsters and feel Deadpool is the better option. This is based purely on a handful of games on both - so feel free to ignore me [emoji23]

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

For me too, Deadpool is a great game, all round. Munsters looks great, art great, screen/video great, shoots great but just lacking something. I've played both premium and Pro and Pro is the much better option without the pointless lower playfield.

Code update might save it but not convinced. As said here, you definitely need to play both.

The film is full of this, if Cleland works his magic I'd have deadpool next fo-sho, but I doubt the 18 rated comedy would fit the retro theme and comic book style of the game. I think that's why there was disappointment that it was the comics not the film as material when the pin was released.......if you like that sort of thing that is!

There was no disappointment and if you’ve read the comics there is implied profanity all the way through them - but at the time of a lot of Deadpool’s best comics censoring was still very aggressive on swearing whilst less so on violence. It doesn’t need a cleland because Stern have done a superb job of it.

Deadpool is superb and with the 1.0 code is in the top ten of great stern games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There was no disappointment and if you’ve read the comics there is implied profanity all the way through them - but at the time of a lot of Deadpool’s best comics censoring was still very aggressive on swearing whilst less so on violence. It doesn’t need a cleland because Stern have done a superb job of it.

Deadpool is superb and with the 1.0 code is in the top ten of great stern games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That's good to know thanks Neil, but being a proficient pinsider you know they'll moan about anything over there! I haven't really got the adult vibe from what I've seen of the game online but to be fair I haven't had the opportunity to play it in the flesh yet but have plans to visit Chief in a months time so hopefully I'll taste the new code then. Cheers.

Some people like pizza others prefer steak.
Deadpool rules are deep, Munsters is very straight forward (kinda simple 80’s/90’s style rules)
They shoot very differently, Munsters is much faster and smoother with more flow and shorter ball times. Both games are very popular at Chief

Wow
Some people like pizza others prefer steak.
Deadpool rules are deep, Munsters is very straight forward (kinda simple 80’s/90’s style rules)
They shoot very differently, Munsters is much faster and smoother with more flow and shorter ball times. Both games are very popular at Chief

Wow someone with a bit of sense at last

The film is full of this, if Cleland works his magic I'd have deadpool next fo-sho, but I doubt the 18 rated comedy would fit the retro theme and comic book style of the game. I think that's why there was disappointment that it was the comics not the film as material when the pin was released.......if you like that sort of thing that is!
I must be one of the last people who hasn't seen the film. I'm not sure it's my cup of tea from clips I've seen tbh.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom