What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving a pinball on your own you tube video

Tony

Site Supporter
Alias
Tony
Came across this on Facebook like the tennis ball idea, see what you think?

Is it just me that sees the obvious flaw to this plan?? You know - the fact that the machines is resting on Balls in the back of the car, meaning it'll slide about....

Loving that kid in the background "WHO ARE YOU?" and "A tennis ball!"

It's like every working from home conference call i ever have.

I use a big piece of marine ply to rest it on saves all this hassle.

Yup - tail lift, sack truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I know this sound daft but.......
When in the back of a van, when not NIB.....
Is it best to have it moved tomb-stoned, padded then strapped to side of van or laid flat - obviously with legs off.
I’m thinking laid flat on something cushioned like a foam / memory foam or similar and wedged to stop movement.
Head unit protected with ratchet strap and cushion protection / cardboard similar to NIB - where it touches the cabinet so as not to rub.
Anyone know Martins Technique?
Does he expect the Pin to be wrapped / protected prior to collection?
Cheers

Doesn’t look like there’s much of an issue here with the don’t Stack65F24DE5-51B1-4407-8112-0EE050A14EB0.jpeg policy on these Monster Bashes 👍
Apparently, all worked out ok, no compression. I guess it would void the JJP tilt indicator though...

So looking at the above image, getting back on topic.....would there be any issue sliding a NIB (still in box with original packaging) in the back of a transit van travelling longish distance? Lying flat TRUCK THIS SIDE flat down ?
Thinking LWB Ford Transit Connect size:-
Unless I’m mistaken - a Stern NIB is:-
Boxed dimensions:
H:56"; W:31"; D:31"; Weight: 285lbs

Any potential issues Gents?
Cheers

Moved quite a few in my lwb connect, I have a sub against the mesh bulkhead and a machine flat with bb folded fits in perfect. Without the sub a foot more length but not needed. I love a bit of bass.
The new shape lwb connect is not high top like the older shape so don’t think it would go in upright as nib. You would need to check if it has to go in upright but just lay down.

No problems lying them down.

All my machines have gone in on their bases with the head folded down, wrapped in pallet wrap. But none of mine have been NIB.

In packaging you'ld have even less to worry about I guess.

So looking at the above image, getting back on topic.....would there be any issue sliding a NIB (still in box with original packaging) in the back of a transit van travelling longish distance? Lying flat TRUCK THIS SIDE flat down ?
Thinking LWB Ford Transit Connect size:-
Unless I’m mistaken - a Stern NIB is:-
Boxed dimensions:
H:56"; W:31"; D:31"; Weight: 285lbs

Any potential issues Gents?
Cheers

I’ve done this no issue whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom