What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Move Your Pins Around With Ease!

Garry Sp8

Site Supporter
I have borrowed some pinball moving wheels which make moving your machines around a doddle.
Take a look at the photos. There are 2 adjustable rails each with 2 x 75mm diameter wheels. The rails have a swivel fitting at each end that fits between the bottom of the leg and the foot thread above. Once extended into place, you simply pull the swivel bar up to lift the machine up and onto the wheels. The swivel bar has a slot in it which fits around the leg to hold it firmly in place. Because you are using a lever action to lift the machine, its quite easy - no heavy lifting!
These are adjustable to fit any machine. There is a spring clip on the inner rail and various holes in the outer to hold the adjustment length.

Once in place, you can move the machine around really easily. The wheels are swivel castors, each with a load capacity of 70kgs.

I have decided to look into getting more sets of these made. I have budgeted for 25 sets which would work out around £80.00 per set. This includes for electro plating (goldish colour) of the metal components. Delivery costs on top. Probably supplied in kit form for you to assemble - pretty easy!

So come on - can I get 25 takers???
Maybe get them done for NLP?
Garry

IMG_3321.JPG IMG_3327.JPG IMG_3328.JPG IMG_3329.JPG IMG_3331.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3321.JPG
    IMG_3321.JPG
    186.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3327.JPG
    IMG_3327.JPG
    224.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3328.JPG
    IMG_3328.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3329.JPG
    IMG_3329.JPG
    169.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3331.JPG
    IMG_3331.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 18
I have tried the 3 wheel dollies - the ones I got were no good on carpet as they were not stable enough. These are great on carpet.
With dollies, you also have to physically lift the machine to get them under - with these, you just lift the bar and lever action does the rest.
The retaining bar hasn't done any damage to the legs when I have used them.

Would you still have to pull the machines away from a wall to get the rear ones on? I assume the lever extends outwards? Normally, i just lift up a corner and slide the dolly ones in place and i can do that without having to drag the machine away from the wall.
Saying that, they are terrible on thick carpet like you mentioned. Hmmm. Larger wheeled dollies perhaps? Who knows, i'll probably still struggle no matter whats made..haha. I think what we all really need is a pin carrying android. Built like Nicholas Lindhurst and as strong as the Hulk. lol.

If the machine is against the wall, then you would need to pull it away by a few inches as the wheels would touch the wall before you swivel them with the bar. The lever would be inwards and you would pull it upwards from under the machine. I moved my machines round recently and it was a piece of *iss with these.

Not so sure that this is any better than a set of three wheel dolly type movers:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-SETS-OF...231350?hash=item58d7001eb6:g:vFoAAOxyd8NSaoXh

Yours look bulkier to store, but have the larger wheels so may be good for folk with deep pile carpets, lips on door frames etc. The metal retaining bar looks like it could have the potential to cause damage to the legs however.
I've a set of the 3 wheeled dollies but I find that either you have to fix them permanently to the legs or they tend to try to slip off as you're pushing the pin around.

Back
Top Bottom