What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Monster Bash Week-ender

mufcmufc

Staff member
Alias
Nik
So to celebrate Steve's birthday AND Halloween we have a whole weekend of entertainment.

Friday 1st - Lightning Vibes Disco - Halloween Fancy Dress - Buffet etc - 9pm Start

Saturday 2nd - You wanted Heavy Metal??? We have the amazing Electric Circus, W.A.S.P. Tribute Band - 9pm Start

Sunday 3rd - We have a Pinball Tournament - Free Entry and Free entry to the Tournament.

Get a weekend entry ticket for £7.50 or £5 per event if only coming for one night.

Thanks to Mooseman we will have the Addams Shocker Chair wired up for the weekend. Some of the pins will be put in the main bar on free play for the Friday Halloween party - Monster Bash , Class 1812 , Scared Stiff and of course Munsters Premium. Joining them will be House of the Dead arcade.

Saturday nights "subtle" band will be 80s glam metal mayhem including pyro blood gore and chainsaws from UKs only W.A.S.P tribute band , The Electric Circus .

We couldnt resist having the Electric Circus at the Electric Circus any longer!

How is fireball 2 compared to 1? They had that at expo and holy **** it was hard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Chair has been in use today

TAF high scores lowered so highest score by Sunday 11pm will win a boozy prize (or substitute if winner under 18)

20191031_180415-1.jpg

Scoresheets all printed and ready to go.

Qualifying starts from 12.
You play the 8 games listed, and your best 6 scores count.
There will then follow semi finals and finals from 4pm

Last edited:
Scoresheets all printed and ready to go.

Qualifying starts from 12.
You play the 8 games listed, and your best 6 scores count.
There will then follow semi finals and finals from 4pm

Look forward to seeing you again Wayne on Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben - @wayneJ can give you awesome tips on how to play - watch him closely and you’ll learn a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1st visit to this venue today. Very impressive collection of machines and a friendly welcome.

Was nice to meet you think I saw you on the Saturday we played Jurassic park together

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Having a powercut down the whole of the street made for an interesting start to the afternoon. Those waiting either sat in the main bar with a drink, played pool, or played table football while waiting. After power was reinstated the comp started at 2.

Qualifying was on the 8 machines listed above. Rather than an entry fee it was ran on coin drop (50p per game), however due to the regulars bringing the replay scores down, and some great games by people, it wasn't uncommon to find a credit left on from the previous player.

The final 4 played the first game on AFM, which was playing extremely difficult at times (1 player, who shall remain nameless, managed a grand score of 143mil in qualifying). Leo finshed in 4th with just over 2Bil, less than 100mil behind Aid, Wayne finished with 4Bil, which Nick passed on his last ball.
Second game was on Fireball 2, Leo just beat Aid to claim 3rd, Nick had a very short last ball meaning he couldn't pass me in 1st.

This meant going into the final game on BM66, Nick and I were tied on 6pts each and were competing for 1st and 2nd, Leo and Aid were tied on 1pt each competing for 3rd and 4th.
Having put up a score of over 7.5Bil in practice I was comfortable with the choice, however lightening didn't strike twice. Aid beat Leo's score to claim 3rd place, Nick had put a great game, leaving him over 2.5Bil, going into the last ball I was on 12mil. A big ask to even get out of fourth place, let alone make it to 1st. I managed to more than double my score on the last ball, pushing up to the heady heights of 26mil!

Meaning that Nick picked up the 1st placed trophy and prize money of £30, I had a trophy and £15, and Aid picked up the last trophy.

It was a good day at a great venue, with only 1 machine (WCS) playing up near the end of qualifying, it was just a shame that there was so few people attended - hopefully that will be rectified for the Xmas Cracker and warm-up comp on the weekend of 7th/8th December.

It also saw the debut of my new magnetic portable pin light blades on site on T2 (more news to follow shortly)
20191103_122313.jpg

20191103_122319.jpg

The results
1st Nick Marshall
2nd Wayne Johns
3rd Aid Cooper
4th Leo Marshall
5th Steven Smith
6th Ben Leigh
7th Roy Smith
8th Jim King
9th Tom Weston

Having a powercut down the whole of the street made for an interesting start to the afternoon. Those waiting either sat in the main bar with a drink, played pool, or played table football while waiting. After power was reinstated the comp started at 2.

Qualifying was on the 8 machines listed above. Rather than an entry fee it was ran on coin drop (50p per game), however due to the regulars bringing the replay scores down, and some great games by people, it wasn't uncommon to find a credit left on from the previous player.

The final 4 played the first game on AFM, which was playing extremely difficult at times (1 player, who shall remain nameless, managed a grand score of 143mil in qualifying). Leo finshed in 4th with just over 2Bil, less than 100mil behind Aid, Wayne finished with 4Bil, which Nick passed on his last ball.
Second game was on Fireball 2, Leo just beat Aid to claim 3rd, Nick had a very short last ball meaning he couldn't pass me in 1st.

This meant going into the final game on BM66, Nick and I were tied on 6pts each and were competing for 1st and 2nd, Leo and Aid were tied on 1pt each competing for 3rd and 4th.
Having put up a score of over 7.5Bil in practice I was comfortable with the choice, however lightening didn't strike twice. Aid beat Leo's score to claim 3rd place, Nick had put a great game, leaving him over 2.5Bil, going into the last ball I was on 12mil. A big ask to even get out of fourth place, let alone make it to 1st. I managed to more than double my score on the last ball, pushing up to the heady heights of 26mil!

Meaning that Nick picked up the 1st placed trophy and prize money of £30, I had a trophy and £15, and Aid picked up the last trophy.

It was a good day at a great venue, with only 1 machine (WCS) playing up near the end of qualifying, it was just a shame that there was so few people attended - hopefully that will be rectified for the Xmas Cracker and warm-up comp on the weekend of 7th/8th December.

It also saw the debut of my new magnetic portable pin light blades on site on T2 (more news to follow shortly)
View attachment 96489

View attachment 96490

The results
1st Nick Marshall
2nd Wayne Johns
3rd Aid Cooper
4th Leo Marshall
5th Steven Smith
6th Ben Leigh
7th Roy Smith
8th Jim King
9th Tom Weston

Thanks for organising! Did very well to place 6th! And pleased to be there. I did mention the tournament to pin heads on the sat eve however they had other plans so we’re not able to attend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom