What's new

Monster Bash pinball

Arraaaggghhh, trying to resist. Becca's been pestering me to get a MB for the last 18 months or so. It does look nice. Weirdly one thing that I'm not keen on as an idea is a fully mylared playfield. Am I being irrational here or do they discolour over time? Anyone know how shipping from Holland would work? Shipley? Any idea of how much that would be? £200 ish?

Oh, and Hi Harry, welcome to the forum!:wave:

i am not familiar with international shipping.

mylar has wearn on some areas. but the playfield underneeth is still undamaged.
mylar can be removed, but can be a real pain in the ..
however, if you succeed, you find an playfield, wich never has been touched by an ball.

It's a diamond plate playfield so mylar removal is nowhere near as bad as on something older. Just go slow and gentle and it should come up no problem. The main thing to watch out for is if any inserts have been heat damaged as that's when you can start pulling off the decals. If your going slow and you pull an insert out then it was buggered and needed to come out and be re-glued anyway so no issue there :thumbs:

I recently demylared a TAF and a SS

TAF took all afternoon as it left all the glue behind but came up with zero damage.

SS came off easily, left hardly any glue but pulled bits of inserts off

Used the same technique with both (hairdryer) so not sure what the difference was

same thing happened to my scared stiff so it might be a problem with those in particular. Luckily I was scrapping playfield anyway or I would have been gutted.

Back
Top Bottom