What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Monster Bash Custom Side Blades Decals Mod

Megaton, I love your work. It looks awesome.
I'm having my taxi pinball machine restored in April which got me thinking!!!
Are you up for commissions. Fancy designing some for my taxi?

And Wh20/Taf decals too... You ever thought of doing these on commission?? :)

Well I only like to do them for machines I have because getting the layout and colours right is not something you can do without having the machine in front of you. I probably end up printing 10 or 12 sets just to get everything spot on - I probably shouldn't but..... I'm still doing colour adjustments even now as MB has a lot going on.

Also to come up with a design you have to play the machine and get a feel for what would look right. Doing that from pictures of playfields would not be the same.

Rest assured though, all the machines you mention I would love to own at some time and if I do, I will more than likely do some cool stuff for them.

I just wish i had an artistic bone in my body!!

Out of interest have you a template for the sides at all you would be willing to share (With no art obviously). Maybe it's something my lad could have a go at :) (15 and a budding designer!)

Cheers

The only trouble I've found with templates is that each machine tends to be different. Usually there are bits to cut out round and funny bits of wood or nuts they add for no reason.

The best thing is to measure out with a tape measure and then draw it up in photoshop at 100% - it has rules and guides in mm - and then create straight black lines.
If you are going to print at commercial printers you need to make sure it is 300 dpi and CYMK colour profile.

ok, well stage one complete, i do have a monster bash. and i don't see any copyrighted images in the sticker so i can't imagine a problem legally.
are you interested in selling a set of these, assuming you have some spare?

They are amazing, pretty impressive all round with a touch of humour. Really suit MB too.
If you have the space, why not let people lend you a machine for a few months whilst you make some more designs and charge them for the privilege. ;)

For the folks who would like a set, just PM me with your email details etc.

Yeah that's not a bad idea about loan machines. Maybe in return for a set of decals. I am on the hunt for a family guy and a scared stiff for my own collection so if I track one down, I'll be doing some for them most likely. Saw a Junkyard and fish tales and they would be great for decals too - I could really go to town on Junkyard as that has fab artwork and a great theme for this type of thing. I must admit I like quirky themes with good original artwork and a bit of humour.

Back
Top Bottom