What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mm = sm + dw + lw3?

domlouis

Registered
No maths involved here. Don't worry.

I have this dilemma that, in order to fund the purchase of a mm, I would need to sell my sm, my dw (or ts) and my lw3. But is it really worth swapping one pin for three??? My collection is only 6 big.

Depends how desperate you are to scratch the MM itch. Do you really like the game ?? Or are you just believing the hype and hoping it will be everything you ever dreamed ?? ;) I'm not being funny ......just that everyones tastes are different.

I'd always say variety of games is better - even the supposed 'best' games lose their appeal after a time.

All down to money Dom. And whether there are cheap titles you like (like a £800 Paragon or similar)

If a punter has 30 grand over time to spend on six pinballs, getting a MM makes perfect sense. Sinking five grand into each game would lead to a stellar collection.

If the punter's budget is more like 10 grand over time, getting a MM makes no sense UNLESS he sees it as an investment that will outperform weaker titles. This would render the 10 grand collection with 5x one grand titles that may well get much less play in aggregate.

Personally, I have tried to get quite a few value for money pinballs. Stuff like Fish Tales, The Shadow, Paragon, Fun House, Whirlwind. These in aggregate will get more play from me than rolling that sum of money into a new Stern or top end WPC.

Only you know how much you love what you own and how much you play them. Would you be content in playing a MM at event's & friends and keep what you own?

If the titles you have you really aren't bothered about sell the 3 and get something you "really" love.
It is a tricky one and what would you want next if you did get it? Any of your 3 back you won't know until you commit yourself!

Thanks lads. Plenty of good points made. I'll have a think over the weekend.

Personally, I'd do it. We got our MM around 12 years ago now, and whilst many others have come and gone since, we've never once considered selling it.

Depends if it is a game you can really see yourself keeping for a good number of years.

I have always preferred AFM and MB over MM.

But, if YOU love this game, then go for it.

'Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead'........... justified many pinballs with these words;)

No maths involved here. Don't worry.

I have this dilemma that, in order to fund the purchase of a mm, I would need to sell my sm, my dw (or ts) and my lw3. But is it really worth swapping one pin for three??? My collection is only 6 big.

Getting rid of DW and LW3 - no brainer - ok ok ok ;);)

your call in all honesty mate - owned DW,SM and MM . SM is missed - MM is but not too much as i still have AFM
I personally think AFM is better than MM .
IF you have played MM laods and you do really like it - go for it - I sold a SM and a MM to fund a METLE - and I still had cash left - don't regret doing that

poi

Personally I would say that on a playability front that MM is over priced but it IS a fun game.
I would not do it but if you REALLY want one Dom then go ahead. In many decades to come I don't wish to be parked up, wrapped in a blanket, smelling of pîss thinking 'I wish I had done .............'

If it doesn't work out you can always sell the MM to fund another Spiderman. :)

Personally I would say that on a playability front that MM is over priced but it IS a fun game.
I would not do it but if you REALLY want one Dom then go ahead. In many decades to come I don't wish to be parked up, wrapped in a blanket, smelling of pîss thinking 'I wish I had done .............'

If it doesn't work out you can always sell the MM to fund another Spiderman. :)
Somehow, if my life ending was wrapped in a blanket smelling of p!ss the last thing on my mind would be 'hmm, wish I did that pinballl trade'!

Somehow, if my life ending was wrapped in a blanket smelling of p!ss the last thing on my mind would be 'hmm, wish I did that pinballl trade'!
More a case of don't go into your twilight years with a head full of regrets mate. :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom