What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MM remake rumors again

Rus121

Site Supporter
Theres talk that planetary pinball will be announcing the MM (and AFM apparently) remake at Octobers play expo.

Yes, I know the history and to take this rumor as a pinch of salt, but how many peeps here would consider buying a brand new one, and what would you realistically expect to pay?

Personally, I'd rather stick with my "original"!!! :)

No fears of current MM prices taking a hit if PP decide to churn them out like sweets? (hypothetically speaking of course).

I'd buy one, but i'm with you on preferring the original. The original machine that was in the bay rose pub, longlands road, m'bro circa 1998 to be exact. *sighs*

Same here Dan. But you just know they'd be around the £7k mark. Bet they'd sell more and make more profit in the long run if they were £5k though.

I'm not sure how good they will actually be?

I've heard they have had to make small changes so as not to break copyright laws on certain items, and anyone will be able to tell between original and repro.

Having said that I would still buy one if I didn't already have one because it's such a brilliant game.

Could see MM selling well, assuming 1000 is well. Not convinced it would sell more than that. I would have thought that this would be enough to make a profit though.

Regarding other titles. Hmmmm, Are there really enough other people who would want a CC? The only real attraction of that was the super-low numbers. Ironically I suspect that the next most successful reissue of any other title would probably be for a re-run of Addams as despite the large numbers available they still command a good price. (This theory falls down a bit though if I think about it as LW3 also sold **** loads but can't ever see anyone wanting a remake of one:confused:)

I saw Dan's £5k and thought it would have to be more than that, then realised that nothing new needs to be invented though there does need to be some clever replacement parts made up. So no cost for a design team, no software coding that slows the process down. I expect that replacement parts exist for a large part so that means it doesn't need to cost £6-7k.
I would know it was a replica but if it looks like a pinball machine, plays like a pinball machine and follows the game play and rules like MM then you have something that will be fun and playable. With MM prices so high, it would probably keep a lot of it's value when the run came to an end too.
However, I expect they will try to sell them for £6-7k and shipping will be the killer.

Reactions: JT.
I wonder if PP has the right to let these new MM's have the Williams name on them? I remember talk a while back about them only being able to use the bally brand, but will be interesting to see where they go with that if this ever comes about.

Amongst the rumors flying around is one that JJP has plans to make a game before the Hobbit. Further speculation has led to 'theories' that JJP will be producing the new MM run for Wayne as a contract job. I guess that last bit of info came from JJP allowing Wayne to be the Oz distro after the Bumper amusements fiasco? I wouldn't have posted these musings, but the people fuelling them are close to those in the know, so it will be interesting to see how things play out in the next few months.

Makes sense. WOZ will all be delivered by Spring 2014, TH isn't allowed to be released until December. Pointless laying off an entire workforce for 9 months

Jack has himself stated on Pinside that JJP will not be taking up the possible remake of MM. Jacks reply to thread

About ten people sent me this thread.

Thanks, I think....so;

1- We are not involved in building anything other than Wizard of Oz pinball machines with the focus on ECLEWOZ as the priority.

2- We expect to be building WOZ games through 2014 and at some point, have two lines running, oneWOZ and one Hobbit.

3- We have absolutely no interest or intent to contract manufacture any pinball machines for anyone unless they are created by JJP. We are not building remakes of anything for anyone and have no plans to do that.

4- Alex and Lloyd- Bless them. They help a lot and we appreciate that but they do not and cannot speak for me. If anyone has a question, call or e mail me. It's easy enough.

5- We are working on the Hobbit full blast. We hired more people and unlike WOZ, we are on track with the game. We are contractually bound to ship when the third movie opens.

6- For the future, we certainly expect to have several games under development with multiple designers at the same time and we will seek opportunities to do that for licenses and non-licensed games.

Thanks again for the loyalty, patience and belief in JJP. We are working hard to make great products.

Good post and nice to hear jjp are on track for TH. Also nice to here they will be releasing non-licenced games.

It seems that more than few people sent JJP messages about remaking MM. I spotted his reply and a little piece of me died. :(

Back
Top Bottom