What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MM price drop

jonathan

Site Supporter
A pretty nice condition MM just sold at auction on eBay for £4400! Oof

There's another sitting at £4999 without a bid

Iis this a trend across the board or a symptom of the MMr?

MMr

Cant wait till they all fail a year or three after production...

They don't learn - all that lovely lead free solder on a large PCB under the PF.....

Lets look at the track record....

PS3 - YLOD
Xbox 360 - RROD
LED pinball displays - Lines go out intermittently...

Sigh...

Lots of talk on classic car forums of things also not selling.

Standard post recession sell off assets to borrow for investment. Happens every time.

A pretty nice condition MM just sold at auction on eBay for £4400! Oof
When you consider the limited description, and location on an island that would make viewing a PITA , not surprised at the price it went for, would it really be worth the risk? Ok the ex pinball heaven is a good selling point, but that could have been 15 years ago!

When you consider the limited description, and location on an island that would make viewing a PITA , not surprised at the price it went for, would it really be worth the risk? Ok the ex pinball heaven is a good selling point, but that could have been 15 years ago!
The adjacent Addams Family went for £2,500 which i'd say is also a low price at this point in time, but the photos were really poor.

Lots of talk on classic car forums of things also not selling.

Standard post recession sell off assets to borrow for investment. Happens every time.
Don't think this recession is post, just getting started, major collapse is imminent in the US due to fed inflated bubble which will spread globally just like 2008, with regards to the classic cars it is likely due to collectors unloading to get in on the property bubble which is also heading for collapse, hold on to your pins guys, you know it makes sense ;)

Choice between a brand new shiny un-played, updated, LE MM or one that's done the rounds, think I will stick with the BNIB

Last edited:
Tell us again in 2 years when the massive Chinese built circuit board craps out for the 4th time and you lose all LEDs ;)

Wow, so much speculative DOOM on the boards, I think it would be wise to reserve judgement until that is proven to be the case, they may just turn out to be rock solid, only time will tell, can't say that I give it a second thought, why worry about something that has not happened yet? seems like wasted energy to me.

Wow, so much speculative DOOM on the boards, I think it would be wise to reserve judgement until that is proven to be the case, they may just turn out to be rock solid, only time will tell, can't say that I give it a second thought, why worry about something that has not happened yet? seems like wasted energy to me.

high prices = high bar of entry into hobby = bad for hobby.

Just going by current track records of the technology, which has spectacularly failed under previous attempts, and by giants MUCH bigger than this, that is all :D

Its popular and its priced high. No big deal. It all depends how much you want it, and what you are prepared to pay to have it in your possession. Pay to play, or don't. Someone else ALWAYS will.

Back
Top Bottom