What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing Start Post - Getaway

Dunc

Registered
Hi all,

When i bought my Getaway i noticed a hole in the play field and thought it was damaged and then i realised from other pics that a clear star post missing (see attached pciture). Any reason for this post being removed??

Anyhow, i have bought a new post and my question is, what screw/bolt should it be held in with? I don't want to put the wrong one in.

Cheers

Dunc

Attachments

• missing post 1.jpg
    missing post 1.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 26
On mine that post is held in with the type thats just screws into the wood. I actually removed mine, makes the shot just a little easier....so shoot me :rolleyes:

On mine that post is held in with the type thats just screws into the wood. I actually removed mine, makes the shot just a little easier....so shoot me :rolleyes:

Ahhh maybe it was removed to make the shot easier? I could well be removing it again LOL

And it does look like it will be an actual screw rather than a bolt and t-nut now you mention it. If u could get the size etc that would be great.

Cheers

Dunc

Its just a long screw thats about 1/2 longer than the star post.

Cheers for that. Makes sense! I don't want to use just any old self tapper LOL, so does anyone have a pic of which screw it should be? Or have a spare they could pop in the post? cheers

Dunc

if there is a plastice above it (with a hole) it will look like this
www.ministryofpinball.com_media_catalog_product_cache_2_image_7e37d23d7f31595dc9050fae4d0c367e.png
if there is no plastic to be supported (which i belive is your case) it will look something like this
www.ministryofpinball.com_media_catalog_product_cache_2_image_235c716cea8c3de13fd9741b186a56b7.png
or preferably more like the first one but with a hex head
hex head
www.ministryofpinball.com_media_catalog_product_cache_2_image_47e62fecef2183cf4af4d0df442bc2d6.png
so basically a hexheaded screw with a lot of the shaft unthreaded.

I probably have some of these but im out straight from work tonight so it will be the weekend before i get to check etc. It also wont be new it will be reclaimed

The flyer for Getaway shows that at some stage of the design there was a mini-post between the flippers - the prototype shown has a plastic 'filler' placed in the hole where it's been removed, as sometimes seen in the jet bumper area on Twilight Zone.

I removed mine in attempt to make that shot more makable, on mine I was getting a lot of shots just rattle around and come back out. I tried adjusting the shape of the ball guide at it wasn't a very uniform curve, and removing the post. To be honest it isn't much better, I guess I just need to play better and hit the shot more accurately.

Anybody catapulted a ball out the supercharger and down the back of the cabinet yet?
They also made a metal guard which goes at the back of the playfield to prevent this. Only put them on really late productions though. Haven't had one down the back since

Anybody catapulted a ball out the supercharger and down the back of the cabinet yet?
They also made a metal guard which goes at the back of the playfield to prevent this. Only put them on really late productions though. Haven't had one down the back since
Yes thats happened to me a handful of times. It happens when 1 ball entering the supercharger bounces on top of one already zipping around. I made a cardboard template of the missing metal guard from a friends machine, just haven't got around to making a steel one from it yet.

20160630_123515_002.jpg

Not had one catapult off the supercharger yet, no! But I bet it's travelling at some speed when it does lol!!

Dunc

Not had one catapult off the supercharger yet, no! But I bet it's travelling at some speed when it does lol!!

Dunc

You just hear an annoying clunk as a ball lands in the bottom of the cab. I had it happen 2 games in a row a few weeks ago.

My first getaway just had a bit off wood to stop it. I didnt work out what it was for until after it had been stripper and rebuilt (without the bit of wood)

Must have a look at my current one to see what it has, if anything

Just checked mine. I can't seem to see anything that has been added to stop this from happening to mine!

On other news....see attached picture lol! Missing post no more! Cheers everyone!

Attachments

• 20160630_184156.jpg
    20160630_184156.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 13
Yes thats happened to me a handful of times. It happens when 1 ball entering the supercharger bounces on top of one already zipping around. I made a cardboard template of the missing metal guard from a friends machine, just haven't got around to making a steel one from it yet.

View attachment 32090

Quite a nifty lil pattern kev, are they fold lines?

Back
Top Bottom