What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available Mini Pin AFM £100

philpalmer

Site Supporter
Maybe a one off as I’m not sure how many James made / shipped.

Plugs in to usb

This prob cost pin bazaar £5k to make maybe this one 😂 😬

02532CF0-3E65-4A91-A1EC-3326A56E6D01.jpeg
911DACDF-1037-4530-8F52-735F847F3A2C.jpeg

5BE3794A-DF86-4BC8-A42A-1CC3B314CF30.jpeg

Sorry but its a different story if you paid or didn't pay and just had on order....

If anyone paid but didn't get, let me know...

James apologized to me after a thread on this forum, highlighted his shoddy business practices, said he was unaware that I got ghosted.
I offered to let him put things right, by letting me have one for a discount, he never took up my offer !

Love the mini oled DMD, how do these things work? Little micro controller in there and sd card?

2 small circuit boards
- playfield one had leds approximately near the playfield art
- backbox pcb had leds and the little display to display the time and some game screen shots

James hired me to design the pinball model and did the art templates and pcb start off templates as well, stumblor did the pcb's and a swiss guy did the programming as it was his concept in the beginning. I did recommend to have these professionally printed and apply the decals differently but his project.

James did the 3d printing, decal application, he was enthusiastic but think he believed there was a bigger market than what there was and reckon Planetary probably stung with their collection royalty fees.

The design team were all meant to get samples but never got anything as well.....

Last edited:
2 small circuit boards
- backbox pcb had leds and the little display to display the time and some game screen shots

James hired me to design the pinball model and did the art templates as well, stumblor did the pcb's and a swiss guy did the programming as it was his concept in the beginning.

James did the 3d printing, decal application, he was enthusiastic but think he believed there was a bigger market than what there was and reckon Planetary probably stung with their collection royalty fees.

The design team were all meant to get samples but never got anything as well.....
Shame, is there any way you remaining guys can still produce these?

They were 110 Pounds, well that is what he listed up at Pinside and looks like he had a run of them started and part made.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-01 at 7.53.41 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-01 at 7.53.41 pm.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 36
  • c7374cbeb10fc7f215ae7cd1e300a9bb648da618.jpg
    c7374cbeb10fc7f215ae7cd1e300a9bb648da618.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 9362ea34c31a30d3602fab5af0a24c7a66808b40.jpg
    9362ea34c31a30d3602fab5af0a24c7a66808b40.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 36
Luckily I got paid to do the design work so technically James owns the files, so not the right thing for me to do, though not sure if the other guys got paid.

2 small circuit boards

James hired me to design the pinball model and did the art templates and pcb start off templates as well, stumblor did the pcb's and a swiss guy did the programming as it was his concept in the beginning. I did recommend to have these professionally printed and apply the decals differently but his project.

If @stumblor did the pcb its deffo gonna be a little ESP32 in there :D

I personally think these was up for waaay to cheap. They are actually pretty cool and when you see how much some painted fish tank sculptures go for on pinside this was a freaking bargain. Too much silly money in the pinball world to have these up at £110 should of been £250 easy. People like to throw silly money at anything pinball.

Luckily I got paid to do the design work so technically James owns the files, so not the right thing for me to do, though not sure if the other guys got paid.

I didn't get paid - but I got reimbursed.

If @stumblor did the pcb its deffo gonna be a little ESP32 in there :D

Yup! Although it was Christoph (of Afterglow fame) who did the design of these, and it was an ESP12f in the backbox - but close enough to win the guess! :)

The playfield has an ATMEGA chip (Arduino).

Yup! Although it was Christoph (of Afterglow fame) who did the design of these, and it was an ESP12f in the backbox - but close enough to win the guess! :)

The playfield has an ATMEGA chip (Arduino).
Ah interesting, why not run pf off the esp as well?

Ah interesting, why not run pf off the esp as well?

I wasn't really involved in that part of it, but I suspect it came down to flash memory - there is only so much DMD frames and playfield pattern data you can store on each device, and they were pretty maxed out.

Yeah
I wasn't really involved in that part of it, but I suspect it came down to flash memory - there is only so much DMD frames and playfield pattern data you can store on each device, and they were pretty maxed out.
makes sense :)

The playfield PCB is controlled by an Atmega328p just because that was the easiest way to convert the existing afterglow design into a working attract mode pattern replay device :cool:
There were ideas for later improvements, including controlling everything from the ESP in the backbox.
But then we lost contact... I was printing some models for my own use. But I don't have the decals and as @swinks points out James owns the 3D files.
I have never signed any contract, I never got paid and I never received any mini pins, so I'm happy to upload all my design files and code to github if it's of any use.

Stop living in the past!

You can't buy a loaf of bread for 10p anymore!
Well the £50 Operation Thunder from the chimney sweep 😂 was only a few years ago …. basically the present .
😁
As James found - little demand for an ornament when it was ‘only’ £100 or so.
Just my 2p worth … £250 is nuts.

Back
Top Bottom