What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Midlands League Meet 1

Wayne J

Site Supporter
Alias
WWJ
Wayne J added a new event:

Midlands League Meet 1

Copy of the email sent out, in case I missed anyone.

Good afternoon all,

It seems such a long time since I've been able to send out an email like this.

The first meeting of the UK Pinball League is due to be held on Sunday 30th January at Electric Circus in Nuneaton. (64 Fife Street, CV11 5PW).

Doors open at 12:00pm for practice, with the competition starting from 2pm.

Games will be chosen the week before, 8 from over 50 games available, and will span all eras.

There will be some light...

Read more about this event...

I'm pondering coming to the midlands league meets, I think most might be closer than the London SE dates.. Is there anywhere I can see a rough location of past venues to get an idea?

I'd come to the first meet but I might be hanging after my first chaotic event the night before :oops:

I'll be there
trophy in hand :p

I'm pondering coming to the midlands league meets, I think most might be closer than the London SE dates.. Is there anywhere I can see a rough location of past venues to get an idea?

I'd come to the first meet but I might be hanging after my first chaotic event the night before :oops:

trophy in hand :p

The locations of the Midlands meets you mean? They're listed on the site here: http://www.pinballleague.uk/schedule.php

The following links might be a bit janky (technical term) and liable to disappear within days if not hours, but these list meets from some previous years:

Last edited:
pretty sure they would be closer for you Dave. More chance of `Roadshow too. :D :D :D

The locations of the Midlands meets you mean? They're listed on the site here: http://www.pinballleague.uk/schedule.php

The following links might be a bit janky (technical term) and liable to disappear within days if not hours, but these list meets from some previous years:

They all appear around 2hr30-2hr50 away, which isn't too bad but isn't great either. I'll have to check London & SE, I think they might be similar but a few nearer.

pretty sure they would be closer for you Dave. More chance of `Roadshow too. :D :D :D
😁👍
Sounds good to me!

I assume Domino is one of the London SE locations?

Very few of the previous London / SE meets have actually been in the SE in terms of Kent / Essex etc. mostly London / Croydon (which likes to pretend it’s London) and then west (or SW) of the capital.

As Greg said earlier numbers also tend to be relatively high. 35-45 is pretty standard which makes it a bit crowded compared to the other leagues especially when home venues are used.

Dawn hasn’t yet confirmed dates/venues but I would suggest if you look at previous hosts you would probably be able to spot likely suspects

Very few of the previous London / SE meets have actually been in the SE in terms of Kent / Essex etc. mostly London / Croydon (which likes to pretend it’s London) and then west (or SW) of the capital.

As Greg said earlier numbers also tend to be relatively high. 35-45 is pretty standard which makes it a bit crowded compared to the other leagues especially when home venues are used.

Dawn hasn’t yet confirmed dates/venues but I would suggest if you look at previous hosts you would probably be able to spot likely suspects

Fair points. I had noticed it was mostly around London and wasn't any hosts in East Anglia. Really wish there was an East Anglia region but it's not to be...at least for now.

Still deciding on midlands or London SE.
Also depends on most dates as I work Sundays or early Mondays a lot.

Sorry for being kinda off topic again

Still deciding on midlands or London SE.
MIdlands has been as far West as Wolverhampton and pretty far oop north. Midlands is a big area! The venues are published on the site so you can get a clear picture of where you'd be travelling. If you're joining us, you better like Tea.

The games to be played on Sunday (STC&C) are:

CSI
Led Zeppelin
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Stern)
Scared Stiff
Solar Fire
F14
Attack from Mars
8 Ball Champ

If anyone coming has any specific dietary requirements please let me and @steve brum know asap so we can try and accommodate.

@jagman @Jazzbouche I'm planning on going... coming along?

What about you @Kilgore?
Thanks Mike - (I'm gonna sound like a broken record here), I had looked into it, but with all the commitments with kids at the moment I wouldn't be able to make all the sessions. And this weekend is another example of family stuff planned. One day I will actually make it to one of these!!!

Can I just say thank you to @Wayne J and @steve brum for arranging this.

It was my first pinball event in three years. Things felt reassuringly familiar after all the covid madness.

Played Led Zep pro for the first time, and Turtles Pro too. The music is obviously fabulous, but Led Zep seems to be a remarkably cost cut, stripped out game imho.

Yeah, a great day of pinball, even if I did only manage 1 decent ball per game (not even that sometimes!)

I think that was the busiest league meet I've ever been at, was great seeing some new faces joining in, and great catching up with some old friends we haven't seen for a couple of years now.

Thanks to Wayne for organising and Steve for hosting, can't wait for next month now!

Thanks to @steve brum for hosting the first Midlands meeting of the year, and for everyone turning up, both regulars and new competitors.
Congrats to @mufcmufc for taking the win on the almost the last game of the day on CSI.

For those who were new, don't be put off by feeling that you're scores aren't the greatest. The only way to improve is to play more. The league meets are a fun social event with the competition side secondary.

Midlands Meet 1 EC.png

It was good @carl lawrence , but not great.

We need to as an insurgent to make the Midlands meetings great. My place In May, you are both very welcome to MPGA. Make Pinball Great Again

great to see league meets on again! Congrats to Nick and Kate - 30M on turtles is no mean feat.

Back
Top Bottom