What's new

Microswitches

Mark

Registered
Hi guys,

On my Junk Yard I had a couple of switch errors where they had not been activated for a while. I checked them, made some slight adjustments, and everything was ok.

However, I have an odd problem. If I roll a ball over them they do not activate, however, if I roll a ball over them a few times they do. Initially I thought it needed some further adjustment, but it just seems they need to be activated a few times to work consistently.

Do I need new switches, or is there anything I can do to "clean" them to make them work every time?

Thanks in advance, Mark

Mark, on WPC95 machines Williams used a bad batch of cherry switches back in the day so the only way to fix your problem is to change out all the cherry switches.
Its the only way to solve your problem.

I have done this on all my sys WPC95 machines.

Thanks replicas, I've put an order in with Mr N for some replacement switches :) The issue was driving me mad as they sometimes worked, but usually didn't and I've not come across that before.

Cheers,
Mark

Thanks replicas, I've put an order in with Mr N for some replacement switches :) The issue was driving me mad as they sometimes worked, but usually didn't and I've not come across that before.

Cheers,
Mark
Your welcome buddy.
Let us know the outcome once you get the new switches fitted.

Hi replicas, I've now replaced the switches with new ones and the problem is solved - many thanks!

One slight niggle I still have though, both with my JY and WH20, is when you plunge the ball from the shooter lane it only sometimes makes the "launch" sound effect. Initially I thought it must be either a dodgy switch, or switch needing adjustment, but in switch test mode (single switch), it tests perfectly every time when I push a ball out and fire it off. In other words, the switch is open (as it should be) when no ball is there, and closed when a ball is put onto the shooter lane, and open again once the ball is fired. Very odd!

I probably haven't explained that very well, but hopefully you know what I mean! So, I guess my question is, should they make the launch sound when every ball is launched, or only sometimes do this?

Thanks again, Mark

Great to know you have it sorted.
As for the shooter lane put the machine in switch test and use a ball to activate the switch, this will tell you if the switch is working properly. I think if the shhoter does have a sound bite then it will only work a certain number of times. You should only be wanting it to work once with each ball anyway.
Let us know how you get on.

Thanks replicas, I've done that what is very odd is that EVERY time I test the shooter switch in diagnostics with a ball it works, but when I play a game the sound effect does not work every time. I agree it should probably only work once for each ball launch, but sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't - very odd! I guess it must be one of those things!
Thanks again, Mark

Back
Top Bottom