What's new

Metallica Pics Out

First impressions. I want one. I like the fact they have reverted back to metal ramps and wireforms. Love the look of the art. Typically I like the LE and premium cabs more than the pro but the pro isn't horrendous. Better start saving

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
It rocks and is pure Awesome.
Its looking way better build quality as well.
Looks like Stern are up for a fight with any competition.

Never really listened to their music but have to admit, i think this is gonna sell by the container load.

Love the artwork and very colourful playfields.
Love the metal ramps, tho they do have an heir of T2 about them imo.
Probably sounds amazing also.

Si

Metallice Pics Out

Thinks it looks incredible - they seem to have really upped the quality on this one - I'm a sucker for metal wireforms!

Every LE sells out tbf

I like Metallica and have seen them live but I'm more impressed with the hand drawn art than the theme personally.

Think its just the usa quota of le's thats sold out. Within hours of launch!
prob still get your name down for a european but be quick

Maybe from Europe but unlikely from Pinball Heaven, he asked for a lot and sold them all from what I heard

So there's no chance of getting an LE in the uk then?
i was thinking premium but the translite is quite frankly cack, not sure what to do now..

About time the game got stepped up on playfield design.
No photoshop, heavens rejoice.

Cant wait to see this in person.

So there's no chance of getting an LE in the uk then?
i was thinking premium but the translite is quite frankly cack, not sure what to do now..

No harm in asking him, swapping Translite not a problem I guess (maybe from factory if you ask in advance)and the premium cab will look better in person

Mmm, Metallica, way overrated and JH's voice sucks (same as Axl & Ozzy who has the worst voice in the business), Anthrax were way better : - ) AC/DC must have sold well as there is a trend forming, shame it has taken JJP to come along to make Stern up their quality but at least they are taking note and their machines may now start incorporating some soul, I would never own a Metallica pin but the Hobbit is a contender.

Ok it aint the Ramones,but I do like older Metallica - ESP the first 3 albums and Garage Days.
However some of the features on this game look awesome.
I agree re artwork - hopefully Stern may realise most dont like photo artwork :boink: - tho Metallica may have specfically stated Dirty Donny to do the artwork.
Do like the Ed Roth style artwork

Mmm, Metallica, way overrated and the James's voice sucks (same as Axl), Anthrax were way better : - ) AC/DC must have sold well as there is a trend forming, shame it has taken JJP to come along to make Stern up their quality but at least they are taking note and their machines may now start incorporating some soul, I would never own a Metallica pin but the Hobbit is a contender.

Dependes I suppose, I think having a few mates over cranking up the ac/dc or mettalica or maybe the G&R smashing a few beers down and rocking out with beer and pinball which in my opinion is the greatest combination ever. :rockon:

Or..... slipping on a pair of ruby red slippers on holding hands with your mates and singing along to "we're of to see the wizard" while sipping on a woo woo.

Dont get me wrong I think Woz looks great and enjoyed playing it up at the trade show even incomplete, but there is no denying it looks like something liberache would own compared to both ACDC and Metallica which looks like something slash would own, but everyone to their own.

cheers ya toerags

It always makes me laugh when people play the old 'manly theme' card. Pinball hasn't been cool or manly since the 70s, lets not kid ourselves! Girls aren't going weak at the knees cos you own a heavy metal themed pinball

Now come on Jonathan, are you saying my missus isn't impressed by my high scores? Plus pinballs are cool but we should not mistake their coolness with what owning them makes us. 👅

It always makes me laugh when people play the old 'manly theme' card. Pinball hasn't been cool or manly since the 70s, lets not kid ourselves! Girls aren't going weak at the knees cos you own a heavy metal themed pinball

lol brilliant " hey ladies come and play me new Metallica toy it has a hammer and everything " Wasn't saying its "manly" was just saying its more rock and roll, and beer and loud music go together well. and woo woo's and judy garland also go together well.... just cant see a bunch of people whooping and a hollering when the "over the rainbow" wizard mode kicks in and suddenly Judy garland starts singing about rainbows and fluffy things thats all :thumb:

Pinball hasn't been cool or manly since the 70s, lets not kid ourselves!

I'd think that this opinion is in the minority here, seeing as its a pinball forum.......and we all think pinball is cool......and most of the members are men :p;)

lets not kid ourselves! Girls aren't going weak at the knees cos you own a heavy metal themed pinball
Yup, deffo worth mentioning your obsession with the silver ball after you have pulled or even better when you are smoking the cigarette in bed rather than at the bar : - )

Back
Top Bottom