What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Metal lift trim for backglass

JMP

Site Supporter
One of these for a Bally Flash Gordon.

s13.postimg.org_4xl3i3qmf_20180305_195415.jpg

Have looked before for other games and never to seem to find them..... Anyone got a nice one to sell or know where they can be sourced?

Cheers.

I can get them for you but they’ve become hugely expensive. If you want one let me know what thickness glass you have 1/8” or 3/16”

Is there an argument to leave it in place ?

I have never removed one, I have always been wary. Just Polish it with autosol and a dremel ? You could put a metal rule on the glass to shield it from damage when you do it .

Might you risk damaging the backglass by removing that metalwork ?

Is there an argument to leave it in place ?

I have never removed one, I have always been wary. Just Polish it with autosol and a dremel ? You could put a metal rule on the glass to shield it from damage when you do it .

Might you risk damaging the backglass by removing that metalwork ?
Wise words from Dave, I have seen backglasses damaged from taking a rusted metal lift trim off.

There is a technique but never tried it. Makes sense though. Only has to be 1/8th of an inch above the ground.

Still an element of risk as often ink has cracked underneath trim.

Hang the glass upside down by the lift channel an inch from the floor with padding underneath on the edge of a wooden box or frame with another one behind it.
Let it sit in a warm place overnight and the glass should fall out of it.
The idea is to create a slot to catch the glass when it falls free.
Sometimes it takes a couple days but eventually it will fall free of the lift channel.

Hmmmm good points, thanks. Will take a look with you tomorra Daz.

I've learnt from recent experience that sometimes things are best left alone....

Andy, thanks for reply, will get back to you if still need one.

I’ve ordered a couple in for stock. Will be available in 3-4 weeks hopefully.

the old ones tend to be stuck on with 40 year old coke/beer residue as well,they do come off eventually though

Back
Top Bottom