What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McPinball ?

steve brum

Site Supporter
Spooky guys may have found a great way to get pinball to the masses. maybe Andy should be onto Ronald sharpish

463934c0e3d51dbbf344998e395c5039594b0c40.jpg

LE already sold out!

Only 75 and gone to Dominos.

Unlimited amount of regular versions - not sure it will be a big seller:D

To buy domino's you need to be loaded.

Domino's has an astonishing gross margin on what it sells. I doff my cap to this company. It recognised that the UK delivery pizza market in the 90s was incredibly fragmented, no market leader, kebab shops were major players at selling pizza.

Domino's manages to sell pizza at higher prices than the eat-in price at perfectly good genuine pizza restaurants like Pizza Express, Pizza Hut and Zizzi

Papa Johns spotted this so is trying to move in

Perfectly good genuine pizza restaurant and Pizza Hut? I don't think so.

But yeah ... Domino's did well, but they're set to lose huge amounts of market share. I expect you'll see a lot of franchise closures in the next year or two. They refuse to put themselves on any of the delivery sites other than their own, and thus suffer the consequences. Said sites are also likely to be Papa Johns undoing in the UK, though they list themselves ... they're extremely expensive and get appalling reviews, so when directly compared to other indepdendent places, people don't use them. Can't say I'll shed any tears; both are awful and horribly priced.

Pizza hut has really improved imho. The british hate a success, a volume player. Build 'em up, knock 'em down. But i recently went to pizza express in lincoln and was pleasantly surprised. It is a chain. It is national. But i enjoyed what i ate

Pizza is like beer. Regional. Mass produced. Small batch. Pasteurised, real. What is best ? Who knows ? The real test is what you enjoy, freed from the shackles of tony blair, political correctness and how crap the uk is compared to our superior continental cousins ......

Pizza hut is not italy. No pizza restaurant in the uk is. It is not hand thrown. There is no wood fired oven. But like beer, there are regional variations. I thought it was ok and a big improvement on the late 90s pizza hut i remember

Candy is dandy. Liquor is quicker. I would eat there again. Just as i would eat pizza in sardinia again. Or those vans in france again. Or pizza pies in chicago

Last edited:
Both are very poor imo, PH moreso .. the smell is enough to make me take a wide berth.

Quite a few PH branches are shutting down. People aren't going to the low quality sit down franchises anymore when far better independent places have opened or newer, better chains.

One in Central Bath that had been there for 20 or more years shut last year and was immediately replaced with a place using organic flour and local (South West) produce, and dozens of ciders. Pizza Express branches are looking increasingly deserted too.

Burger King in Guildford used to have a small arcade with 2 pinball machines, I have played WCS94, MM, RFM and TOM there. Sadly no more.

And the they have the whopper ;) best burger in the World

Burger King in Guildford used to have a small arcade with 2 pinball machines, I have played WCS94, MM, RFM and TOM there. Sadly no more.

First time I played Jurassic Park was in a BK in downtown San Diego , summer 1993, it had just come out. Funny the things you remember.

Funny how tastes change too, I wouldn't be seen dead in any of the fast food joints now :eek:

what about alive ?

you mean you dont like a whopper ?

when I was in New york a friend took me to Lonely planets top awarded diner for a meal, which was very nice
So I told him I would take him the next day to eat the best burger in the World, and you have guessed it that was BK, he was not as impressed as me with the whopper :D:D:D

Back
Top Bottom