What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[May 10, 2015] South West & Special When Lit Leagues Meet at Special When Lit (Salisbury)

Moonraker

Site Supporter
The next South West League meet will be held at Special When Lit on Sunday 10th May.

Special When Lit will be open from 12noon and all machines will be available for practice. The league will start at 2pm, the 6 chosen league games will be advised nearer the time. The league games will probably finish around 5pm and we normally shut around 6pm. Games change on an adhoc basis and are subject to serviceability.

We hope to have the following machines available to play:
Attack From Mars
Black Knight
Catcus Canyon Continued
Circus Voltaire
Genesis
Hi-Deal
Lord Of The Rings
Metallica Master Of The Puppets LE
Pink Panther
Space Hawks
Spirit
Terminator 2
The Simpsons Pinball Party
Theatre Of Magic
Transformers Combo LE
Tron:Legacy
Twilight Zone (3rd Magnet Installed)
Whitewater
World Challenge Soccer
WWF Royal Rumble
X-Men Pro

Address: Unit 5, Loyal Trade Business Park, Stephenson Road, Salisbury SP2 7NS.

The standard league admission fee applies (£2 for adults, free for children; with a suggested contribution of £2 per person towards food/nibbles) and all machines are on freeplay.

There will be the usual array of food/nibbles, tea, coffee and water are free of charge. Any items from the large fridge must be paid for - eg. cans of fizzy drink and chocolate, etc.

NUMBERS WILL BE LIMITED TO A MAXIMUM OF 45 - Please post here, use the RSPV or send notification by PM to guarantee entry.

Newly added (27/04/15):

There will now be a Special When Lit meet held on the same day.

If entering the South West League only then the admission is as stated above.

If entering both leagues then admission will be £6 for adults, £1 for children aged 14 and
younger when accompanied by an adult with a suggested contribution of £2 per person towards food/nibbles.

If entering Special When Lit League only then the usual admission of £5 for adults and £3 for children aged 14 and younger when accompanied by an adult applies.

The Special When Lit league is a not for profit event for supporters of Special When Lit that help raise funds to help keep Special When Lit open.

Last edited:
This is South West League meet #4.

The newly scheduled South West League meet #5 has been arranged for Saturday 6th June. This clashes with what was originally a date for Special When Lit league meet #5. Consequently I am re-scheduling that Special When Lit meet (#5) to be held at the same time as this meet, so there will be two leagues to play in on the same day. :thumbs:

The South West League will be on 6 nominated machines and of the remaining machines available 6 will be randomly drawn on the day for the Special When Lit league.

Peter, sorry for messing up your plans. South West League meet #5 has been arranged for Saturday 6th June at my place in South Devon. Come to the real South West :)

Peter, sorry for messing up your plans. South West League meet #5 has been arranged for Saturday 6th June at my place in South Devon. Come to the real South West :)

Hey not your fault in the slightest. Happy to move my meet to accommodate and support the South West league. Means I'm available to come and play your awesome line-up! :thumbs:

A quick reminder that it's happening this coming Sunday...

I think we're looking at approx. 25 peeps showing up.

Let's hope the weather stays nice! :cool:

The selected South West League games are:
Metallica Master Of The Puppets LE
Tron:Legacy
Attack From Mars
X-Men Pro
Twilight Zone

Don't forget that Special When Lit will be open as normal on Friday evening should anyone wish to have extra practice on them!

All set.

Fridge re-stocked. Check.
Nibbles ready to go. Check.
Machines all set to be played. Check.

Now we just need a few people to show up! :thumbs:

Doors open 12 noon.

Oh and WWF Royal Rumble added to the machine list.

Thanks for organising another great afternoon's pinballing Pete :thumbs: (and especially for lletting me beat you on a couple games ;):))

Sorry couldn't make it, daughter did Ten Tors this weekend.

Many thanks to Peter and Moria for hosting a double meet of South West and Special When Lit leagues yesterday and another excellent day of pinball. Some of the games were paying tough though as can be seen from some of the scores.

Many congratulations to Andrew Wilson for his first South West meet win and a solid performance and also from David in 2nd and Andrew Shillabeer in 3rd.

Results were as follows with full results up on the league website shortly.

Rank Name Base Bonus Total Points
1 Andrew Wilson 76 0 76
2 David Mainwaring 73 1 74
3 Andrew Shillabeer 70 0 70
4 Richard Mallet 65 0 65
5 Greg Mott 64 0 64
6 Levi Banks 58 0 58
6 Nick Hill 58 0 58
8 Peter Blakemore 53 0 53
9 Lynda Williams 48 0 48
10 Don Gauld 46 0 46
10 Ed Duckworth 46 0 46
12 Nick Baxter-Sibey 42 0 42
13 Tim Slow 41 0 41
14 Fane Brigham-Slow 29 0 29
15 Ho Hwee Ling 24 0 24
16 Dave Willcox 23 0 23

Next meet is on SATURDAY 6 June not a Sunday kindly hosted by Ian Wallace in South Devon.

Cheers
Greg

Back
Top Bottom