What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mappy (1983)

Sgt GrizZ

Registered
Ex PinballInfo Admin . MIA Brighton Hove beach
Alias
Ive
Any other Mappy fans out there ? :D

I never played this back in my mis-spent youth but discovered some years back on MAME. And now have it on my 60 in 1 cab.

Absolutely love it. Its a strange but clever platformer. It's also become Mrs Grizz go to arcade game, and she is damn good at it .... will pretty much beat me every time.

Kicking myself for missing a real cab for sale recently on Jamma+ .....something like 900, in great condition. Very few in the country I believe.

Boss The Big Bit ! :D

giphy.gif

Yeah I only discovered it when I got my jamma cab a couple of years ago. It's cool. Like the music too.
That dedicated cab was awesome looking.

Never played Mappy but I remember Ridge Racer Type 4 on the PS1 had a team that was inspired by it "R.C. Micro Mouse Mappy." The cars had its logo and stuff on, but being a Namco game all the teams were inspired by their own games. Also included Dig Racing Team (Dig Dug) Pac Racing Club (Pac Man) and Racing Team Soulvalou (Xevious). Here's a model of the Mappy car anyhows:

cdn.snsimg.carview.co.jp_minkara_photo_000_002_384_200_238420017a28c78e0a89c25578920c4bf835e17.jpg

Back
Top Bottom