What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magic Girl

Replay

Site Supporter
http://pinballinventor.org/mechanics.html

Just wondering people's thoughts on this? Is it going to be a better version of CV? Also is it basically an enhanced EM game, so not SS? If I win the lottery I will be buying one
biggrin-1.png

Wonder if people will buy as an investment as only 13 being made??

For the money he is asking, you could build a shed like Ive's in your garden and fill it with games!!!!!

I thought he was just advertising to build custom pins? Couldnt find any further info on that site link......

Novel never seen before ideas: vanishing something or other, Lion Saw etc. I wish him well but I doubt it's £12k worth of game

Magic Girl? Got one already, however, the model i have has cost me waaaaaaaay more than a poxy £16K haha.

Shame its another game the vast majority of pinball enthusiasts will never play.

Well, who would have believed that 12 out of 13 are now sold:eek:

Well, for those who were on the fence - too late - sold out
sad-1.png

Amazing.

mufcmufc' date=' post: 1663299 said:
Damn, I was still deciding................

Wonder if they might knock up the production to 20.
rolleyes-1.gif
They might have a excuse in saying that 13 is a unlucky number.

mufcmufc' date=' post: 1663254 said:
Novel never seen before ideas: vanishing something or other, Lion Saw etc. I wish him well but I doubt it's £12k worth of game

so, TOM then.

not such a shock, it's a bit like OCC making custom bikes or that mobile phone lot who make diamond encrusted phones...

Im a bit confused at how he is going to get a factory together to make these pins? Where he is going to get all of the parts from etc.

It's a lot easier to make a fully featured machine when you are producing 1000 of them. When you are only making 12 your overheads increase massively

Are you serious?

So, we have a Magic Girl coming to the UK???

I just bought a TOM......not quite in the same league;)

Replay' date=' post: 1677064 said:
Are you serious?

We also know of a WOZ coming to the U.K.

Replay' date=' post: 1677064 said:
Are you serious?

Damn straight. Keeping the British end up. Or something ;-)

I've received the NDA from Jpop, which I'll sign tomorrow, and wire the dosh. I only got back into pinball this year (well, Dec 2010), but what a year! A veritable Renaissance after a decade of very little. I must admit that I'd assumed pinball was nearly dead and dying. And now we have Tron LE, KoD, MG, Transformers, and of course WOZ and the human dynamo that is Jack, whom I'm honoured to have met in Daventry.

I'll have to ease off the expenditure next year though, phew...

I've already volunteered my MG for Martin to review for Pinball News. Assuming Jpop doesn't fly him first class to IL of course!

The only way it could get better is if JJ remade MM. We know he successfully lobbied Gary Stern to remake LOTR (the 2009 SE) and BSM, so it might happen... Certainly it is smart business to remake a guaranteed hit. Though we need good new blood too. IMHO there is no reason for pinball to die. It beats the hell out of video pap.

Jo.

jonathan' date=' post: 1677077 said:
You had a lottery win!?

Sadly not, and I'm not rich. But I had some money stashed and got back into pinball just as it took off again...! Definitely interesting times ahead. I mean, the last few years were dead and declining pinball-wise, and now this. Wow.

Wow. Just wow....

Good to see folk in the UK supporting jpop and his mission. Hope its all goes smooth as silk for you.

Pinball' date=' post: 1677075 said:
Damn straight. Keeping the British end up. Or something ;-)

I've received the NDA from Jpop, which I'll sign tomorrow, and wire the dosh. I only got back into pinball this year (well, Dec 2010), but what a year! A veritable Renaissance after a decade of very little. I must admit that I'd assumed pinball was nearly dead and dying. And now we have Tron LE, KoD, MG, Transformers, and of course WOZ and the human dynamo that is Jack, whom I'm honoured to have met in Daventry.

I'll have to ease off the expenditure next year though, phew...

I've already volunteered my MG for Martin to review for Pinball News. Assuming Jpop doesn't fly him first class to IL of course!

The only way it could get better is if JJ remade MM. We know he successfully lobbied Gary Stern to remake LOTR (the 2009 SE) and BSM, so it might happen... Certainly it is smart business to remake a guaranteed hit. Though we need good new blood too. IMHO there is no reason for pinball to die. It beats the hell out of video pap.

Jo.

Live anywhere near Midlands?
wink-1.png

Probably the only Magic Girl coming to the UK!

I am still collecting Bally/Williams classics but I am feeling left out on the NIB experience. Maybe it was an error to cancel my WOZ pre-order. Oh well, I could get tempted by the second JJ pin, unlicensed one or maybe the Hobbit.

The Hobbit will be 2 movies, 2012 and 2013. Imagine all those movie clips on a spanking new 26 inch LCD and then Keith to program and continue his excellent work from LOTR:)

These next couple of years are potentially the best time for pinball since the late 90's - wow
biggrin-1.png

Nice to know there will be a Magic Girl in the U.K., and maybe at one of our shows in the near future. How cool would that be.
smile-1.png

replicas' date=' post: 1677102 said:
Nice to know there will be a Magic Girl in the U.K., and maybe at one of our shows in the near future. How cool would that be.
smile-1.png

Deffo need a cattle prod for the machine hoggers. Might need to hand out spittle wipes at the door too.
biggrin-1.png

Back
Top Bottom