What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magic Eraser Sponge

Never used them on ramps but used them on playfields all of the time. Should clean a ramp as well but if your wanting to get scratches and ball tracks out then flame polishing is your best bet.

id only use these for cleaning stuff, so if youre after removing scratches and haze, then plastic polish is your best bet. best think of magic sponges as a mild wet and dry sandpaper.

I tried flame polishing once and did not go well, so will be avoiding that as far as possible ! Ramps aren't that bad tbh, just want them to look more 'new' and try to get rid of the ball track line down the centre a bit if poss. Cheers.

i have just removed my ramp on OT and have polishing the hell out of it, using novus 3 twice, then 2 about 5 times, then hard wax a few times and has come up much better, you can actually see the playfield through it now. Its not like brand new perspex kinda clear, but it has come out really well and im happy. It did take me about an hour of vigorus rubbing though, dont think my arm has had such a work out since i was a teenager.HA

id only use these for cleaning stuff, so if youre after removing scratches and haze, then plastic polish is your best bet. best think of magic sponges as a mild wet and dry sandpaper.

Agreed. One important tip is always use the Magic sponge wet otherwise it will take too much material off.

Not on plastic ramps but gets out ball swirl marks off a playfield but use damp or wet as if dry and you rub hard it will start to fook paint

I tried flame polishing once and did not go well, so will be avoiding that as far as possible ! Ramps aren't that bad tbh, just want them to look more 'new' and try to get rid of the ball track line down the centre a bit if poss. Cheers.
Did it go something like this? :D

:rofl:

I'd say the safest is vigorous rubbing with Novus.

I polished a yellowed fish tales boat ramp with car scratch remover which is a diminishing abrasive, came up ok with not much effort.

If you want the ramps looking good then take them off your game and put them in a dishwasher. Stop the dishwasher before the drying cycle though (involves lots of heat which can be very bad for your plastic) and let them dry naturally!

Then buff up with novus2 if you really think they still warrant it. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom