What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Machines located on Bournemouth Pier

bluejonny

Registered
Hi All

Quick report back on the pins located on the pier entrance arcade in Bournemouth.

3 available lined up, all STERN.

Batman

Ironman

Spiderman

All machines play really well, appear to be well maintained and looked after.

£1 per play or £2 for 3.

Saturday was rammed in Bournemouth, literally. the arcade was chock full of punters. Sadly I did not need to queue or wait to play the pins, there was only 1 person on the Batman. The rest did not get played for the 30 minutes I was in there with the kids.

I was there on Saturday morning too. £1 in each - plenty of replays and matches kept us going for over an hour.
smile-1.png

I also saw people walk past the games, and whilst some gave the pins an interested glance, no one played on them, prefering instead the Big Buck Hunter video game and pushers
sad-1.png

Nice to still see these games out in the wild still. I fear it won't be long until they disappear entirely.

They had a brand new Tron in one of the Aussie stag party type bars there and even though there must have been a few hundred drunk p*ssheads in there, I was the only one to play in our hour's stay.

If you live near Bournemouth then feel free to pop up to Salisbury sometime for some pinball at Special When Lit.
biggrin-1.png

I tend to play the machines in the pier fairly often when in Bournemouth. They are well maintained and looked after. Sometimes they don't get many plays when you're there, other times they can be quite heavily used so I guess it evens out over a period of time. They obviously get enough custom for the arcade to keep purchasing new ones, which is good news for our hobby.
smile-1.png

3 available lined up, all STERN.

Batman

Ironman

Spiderman

Seems the pier likes its super hero's.

Back
Top Bottom