What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lurker now member... Will be buying first pin soon

stationfire

Registered
Just wanted to say hi to all here, and thanks for so much interesting reading.
So many great stories and help here.
I'm looking forward to buying my first pin in the coming months, just have to narrow down the list first!
Needless to say I'll be buying it here...and I'm no stranger to having to fix thing, so eagerly looking forward to it.

Thanks again for such a valuable resource.
-stationfire

Welcome, have you seen @Cryptkeeper ad for a Roadshow he's selling? Price shown includes shipping, which you'll not need.

Also you'd be buying from the forum and not from some weirdo off eBay who knows nothing about pins and will be glad to take your money and run!

Welcome, have you seen @Cryptkeeper ad for a Roadshow he's selling? Price shown includes shipping, which you'll not need.

Also you'd be buying from the forum and not from some weirdo off eBay who knows nothing about pins and will be glad to take your money and run!
We are sneaky on here. We supply nice machines so the unsuspecting newbie gets hooked then BAM before they know it they are buying machines left right and centre.

Thanks to all for the great welcome.
I'm hoping to hold one long-term, and although I have played Roadshow but it's not one I'd be looking to own.
ST:TNG and Space Station are top of the list currently.

Good to have another Irish guy on here.

Where about are you based ?Im in Belfast but there are others on here from near Dublin and Waterford direction. Get yourself along to the next League meet when it starts up again in September/October.
(league has just finished for this season)

We have an office in Belfast and Waterford but the buggers won't put any servers out there to give me an excuse to visit. ;-)

Welcome to the forum. Here starts the madness, although I think I probably hold the record thus far for limiting myself to only one Pin. (Although even that is costing me a fortune).

Thanks - Galway based and won't make the next league but definitely on my "must do" list...

Hoping to source one in Ireland via here or from UK if shipping can be arranged. I'm also hoping to limit myself to one pin, although last weekend I found myself wondering if I might be able to squeeze in two somehow!

Good to have another Irish guy on here.

Where about are you based ?Im in Belfast but there are others on here from near Dublin and Waterford direction. Get yourself along to the next League meet when it starts up again in September/October.
(league has just finished for this season)

Anything on my list below take your fancy ?

I really need to free up space so I can play some machines rather than just looking at them tomdstoned.
Also as mention in another thread @Cryptkeeper is selling a Roadshow at the moment. He also has a Space station that he has just finished restoring, it was at the last league meet but I doubt its for sale (yet anyhow)

Cheers
Ian

Hi BigIan,

I'm expecting to be a few weeks out from buying.

Yes, saw the Roadshow and have played it previously but it's not one I'd like to own. And for full disclosure, I also let @Cryptkeeper down recently (sorry again).

I'd definitely be interested in ST TNG if you were ever considering selling it - has always been top of list. I think CFTBL and Whitewater would probably out of my price range and probably keepers for you?
How many do you have in play at any one time? excellent list of machines there, must give many hours of pleasure. You must have some decent storage at home :)

Thanks,
stationfire

I really need to free up space so I can play some machines rather than just looking at them tomdstoned.
Also as mention in another thread @Cryptkeeper is selling a Roadshow at the moment. He also has a Space station that he has just finished restoring, it was at the last league meet but I doubt its for sale (yet anyhow)

Cheers
Ian

CFTBL is def a keeper, not sue about whitewater it hasn't really floated my boat so far (its not 100% though either)

Used to have 6 set up for play but currently have 1 ST:TNG as im out of room due to stored machines

Cheers
Ian
@stevebm1 was looking for a Bally Star Trek.

If you decide to part with St TNG, let me know. Has been top of my list
Whitewater is a tough one to get 100% I'd say with such a high number of playfield parts. Great fun though.

CFTBL is def a keeper, not sue about whitewater it hasn't really floated my boat so far (its not 100% though either)

Used to have 6 set up for play but currently have 1 ST:TNG as im out of room due to stored machines

And the hunt continues.... - from the "..what's it worth" thread, most recent attempt, deal is done, next day he backs out sending a link to a tarted up pin on eBay US (as opposed to his one with broken ramps, bubbling playfield, display and bumpers out).
Ho hum - definitely learning valuable lessons which I expect most of you already have...

And the hunt continues.... - from the "..what's it worth" thread, most recent attempt, deal is done, next day he backs out sending a link to a tarted up pin on eBay US (as opposed to his one with broken ramps, bubbling playfield, display and bumpers out).
Ho hum - definitely learning valuable lessons which I expect most of you already have...
Hi Stationfire
Only a couple of valuable lessons to learn really :
1. Buy off respected member here not eBay
2. Assuming you've followed 1 above if something takes your fancy don't dally too long which will mean paying at or near the asking price

Or place a wanted ad, if you know what you want or have a list of what you want just drop it in the ad someone will quickly reply saying what they're will to part with.

Don't know if it's as advisable but you could say I have £XXX to spend what have you got?

Thanks Andy
Absolutely avoiding eBay anyway - this one was on another site and available here in Ireland (or not, as it turned out!)
I defintely would be just paying the ask here with no haggling - everyone appears to be extremely fair with pricing at what they paid for it or similar. Missed a project pinbot by minutes a couple of weeks ago, so just need to keep my eye on things here with alerts etc.

Thanks again for all the advice folks, much appreciated.

-stationfire

Hi Stationfire
Only a couple of valuable lessons to learn really :
1. Buy off respected member here not eBay
2. Assuming you've followed 1 above if something takes your fancy don't dally too long which will mean paying at or near the asking price

Back
Top Bottom