What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lurker looking for some advice

Flynn

Registered
Been lurking about for a while, so thought Id better say hi.

Ive messed about with arcade machines for several years, but never with pins. Thinking of buying my first.

Ideally Id like a Roadshow, is there any reason that that would be a bad idea for a first pin?

I also wouldn't mind putting a couple in my bar (whenever we will be open again), and again wondering if I'm getting myself into a world of problems.

Roadshow is an excellent idea for a first pin: its a great game with lots of variety, and they tend to go relatively cheaply so you get lots of pow for your pound. It's my - and a lot of other people's - favourite game. They are over a quarter of a century old now, so you should expect to do some fixing from time to time, but if you've messed with arcades then it sounds like that wouldn't be too much of a problem. Lots of help available here, too.

And welcome to the forum!

I also wouldn't mind putting a couple in my bar (whenever we will be open again), and again wondering if I'm getting myself into a world of problems.
Welcome - you might find more recent games are better suited to that environment. Current themes and modern tech, not 25yrs old!

Welcome to the forum, I was a long time lurker too. RS is a fun game but Red and Ted give me the creeps so wouldn't personally own one.

Welcome to the forum! Roadshow is an excellent choice but I'm biased as its my most nostalgic game (still yet to own one though) It's a pretty packed playfield with loooooads of modes and not overly expensive either considering the price of most widebody games.

Hello and welcome Flynn nice to see a fellow Sheffieldier on the forum, RS generally is well received I’d also like to own one at some point, pins in pubs there’s a great idea! Probably best talking with Phil from Pinball heaven @philpalmer As he actually does this and I’m sure can give you a steer.
Older or newer probably more down to choice they all need a bit of love now and again
Welcome
Tony

RS is a great game, but it does have some complex mechs. I wouldn’t want to site one as repairing those heads is a royal PITA.

Welcome to the forum, I was a long time lurker too. RS is a fun game but Red and Ted give me the creeps so wouldn't personally own one.

I know what you mean, and I would never own a Funhouse as I would be constantly worried that Rudy would somehow come alive and pursue me around the house or kill me and eat my liver while I slept.

At first Red and Ted gave me the creeps but I figured that in the unlikely event that they gained consciousness they would be pretty good company to have around so I have not worried about it since (much).

Disassembling Ted and having his eyeless plastic face lying around on a table was pretty troubling though.

Last edited:
welcome.gifto Pinball Info @Flynn. Great choice of machine, in fact any 90's machine is a great choice for your first. Good luck in what you choose best bet put up a wanted ad on here with a choice of games you would be interested in.

Back
Top Bottom