What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Lower End Stern pins

• Thread starter robertlucas1970
  • Start date
R

robertlucas1970

Its time to start my collection again now that I have moved house, I am not going to bother with the new expensive stuff as lost too much money last time.
I think I will stick with the older cheaper stern pins, so looking for things such as Monopoly, Big Buck Hunter, T3 and anything in that sort of price range.
Also dont mind a bit of a project as now have a workshop.
Many Thanks

Hello Robert good luck with the search, I think you’ve been busy with moving and I think I remember you being I’ll? Hope your better now.
My lad always asks me did BB8 get finished?
Any chance of a update?
Thanks Tony

Hi Tony, I pulled the plug on the BB8, it was at about 80% but the 3d printing was a nightmare, panels would just keep braking or would shrink and not fit.
So somebody then had some injection molded panels done in china, but the club have not give him permission to sell them so now he is also pulled out, if they think anybody is making a part for profit they put a stop to it as the only people that can make money is Disney.
Once somebody has permission to supple the panels and dome I might build another, but the domes fall off all the time and the printed stuff is just not strong enough, it also has be very light, so you cant print more infill.
I am looking at building a 2nd R2 unit which would keep my busy for 3 years :)

My lads just requested a C3PO?

There is only one nice one in the UK which belongs to Simon Wilkie, the molded parts are not the problem, its the Vacuum Metalizing thats the problem, lots of people just use gold paint and they look rubbish, so to look like the original you need to Vacuum Metalize which is a expensive process and not guaranteed to work on plastics, the company that did the original is still in business so people still get the parts sent there to be done.
But I expect I could build one for around £10k :)

Robert, just replied to you on FB. I have a nice T3 here that belongs to a mate...I can ask him if wants to sell but he'll probably ask what your offer is.

Robert, just replied to you on FB. I have a nice T3 here that belongs to a mate...I can ask him if wants to sell but he'll probably ask what your offer is.
Yes please, I had one before, was a fun game, I ended up trading it up for Avatar which I didnt like.

Did the BBH on here sell?

Edit: My mistake, it was up for trade, not sale.

Last edited:
Did the BBH on here sell?

Edit: My mistake, it was up for trade, not sale.

Yeah, that’s mine Tim. Looking to trade for a Star Wars Pro or Premium, plus cash.

Robert did message me and has first dibs if I do sell.

I have an avatar coming in next week but you said you don’t like that

Thanks for the heads up, I did have a really nice one which somebody had chromed all the parts, but the game itself didnt do anything for me, so soon got rid of it on here.

T3 on the bay £1800 buy it now not mine might be worth a look?
s-l200.jpg

Look at this on eBay
Stern T3 Terminator 3 Pinball Machine

Got the first pin in of the new collection, have done all the powder coating this week Candy Blue, full LED's and some other bits, just waiting on some blue T molding to get rid of that horrible chrome dated stuff they use :)
Also got a BBH coming next weekend, so the next one I would like is Monopoly, all cheap and tidy machines this time, keeping away from the expensive stuff.

IMG_20190516_190004656 (1).jpg

Looks a great colour - what's the code for future reference?

It was just called Candy Blue, I didnt want a flat blue, it makes such a difference doing a bit of powder coating, best upgrade you can do, add new feet, leg protectors and new bolts and really does look like a different pin.

It was just called Candy Blue, I didnt want a flat blue, it makes such a difference doing a bit of powder coating, best upgrade you can do, add new feet, leg protectors and new bolts and really does look like a different pin.

Are you going to powder coat the BBH? I would be interested in seeing that!

Was it easy getting the side rails off?

Are you going to powder coat the BBH? I would be interested in seeing that!

Was it easy getting the side rails off?
Yes I think that needs to be yellow or green, side rails come off easy, just 2 screws and 2 bolts.

Wow! That powder coating in the green looks amazing!

I was going to put mine up for sale tomorrow, but I am in two minds now.......

Wow! That powder coating in the green looks amazing!

I was going to put mine up for sale tomorrow, but I am in two minds now.......

Its a fun game, great callouts, glad I got it and having much more fun doing these older ones up a bit than spending £6k+ just on one new pin

Back
Top Bottom