What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Love for Pachinko Machines??

myPinballs

Site Supporter
Alias
Jim
Any love out there for these bizarre, odd but somewhat intriguing machines from our friends over in japan?

I've dug out my Indiana Jones machine which has been collecting dust for years, but now in a new position with much better access and height i'm thinking about cleaning it up. Might need some electronic repairs to.

I bought this years back, as wanted the indy one for my indy collections :) Pretty interesting internally to form an engineering perspective. Its got a moving mine cart that comes out form the rhs side to near the bottom of the lcd screen :)

IMG_8566.jpg IMG_8567.jpg

I'm not sure I understand what they do - is there some skill involved, or is it just luck/a mechanical-based gambling machine, or is there more to it like flippers on a pin?

Wasn't they created as a get around for gambling laws? They couldn't gamble with money, so they exchanged money for ball bearings. I believe they are mostly a game of luck

I thought it was to do with gambling laws too. As far as i'm aware gambling for money is illegal in Japan which is where I think Pachinko originates from?

I think they're pretty cool. I had a popeye one once. @Matt Adams actually had one built into his hallway wall at his old house. The crazy bastard.

Think that was an Indy one like yours Jim.

I have that exact machine but the star wars one, cool to look at but a bit mundane!

I like them, and my five year old loves them. When we go to Dawn's he's happy as a clam to just stare at it for hours so long as some poor sucker holds the thing still in the right place (or a big rubber band that is well placed)

Yes I have a few different cells that fit in that frame you have Jim. Couple of minutes to pop out Indy for example and swap with the Star Wars cell. There is actually a pinball themed one called Julie pinball. With really cheesy music. Love em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the craziness of them and i like the 'glow' and pattern they give out when on. The blinky lights etc etc. Nice to just have on like a lamp!

I also read somewhere that they should be filled internally with GOLD balls which are what you are trying to win (sort of like the cash in a fruity i guess) The silver balls put in the machine are sent into a storage area separately. This makes more sense to me as otherwise what's the point of winning the occasional silver ball when you already have a bucket of them?? Ha ha ha. Its making me want to have a go now!!!

Pachinkos are sh!t

I remember mid 2000s when people were flogging them at the UK Pinball Show. Load of interest in them from people, mainly because of themes,...,, the interest usually lasts about 2 minutes [emoji3]

Yeah, I just looked at a review on youtube. Like a fruit machine, but less interactive. I got bored before the youtube video ended, so I guess not for me either :)

They seem to be basically bagatelle machines.

Also everywhere you look in Japan there are ones filling gaps beside seats at bars etc, more like a fidget cube in Japan, people seem to absent mindedly play them as they are drink/talking/watching sports etc

I always wonder if there are software updates for them!! 8) Also the hardware, the internal engineering and the fact you can change the game in the case also intrigues me, but i have the 1 i always wanted. Indiana Jones :)

I saw Matt Adam's one in the wall when i visited him years back. They look great when flush.

Mine is in some sort of mdf case. You can open it to access the rear of the machine which is on hinges

I was offered a popeye one a few years back for £100 when the going rate for them was about £150-£200,it didn't really appeal to me and im glad I never bought it,as their value seems to have gone down over the years

Weird novelty items in the UK. Isn't the deal that you buy balls then "win" a crappy prize before going outside the hall to the shop next door and exchange the prize for cash as a way of getting around the gambling laws. All down to random luck rather than any skill on the part of the player.

Back
Top Bottom