What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Love for neo-geo?

myPinballs

Site Supporter
Alias
Jim
Bagged myself this board last week. 2 slots of perfection right there!! Metal Slug!

Any others out there with a fond memory for this hardware?

9B2C3B36-BF0B-4A3F-B2E9-1C303B42AAEF.jpeg6815ED6C-F726-4798-9811-8AC8E2F2A379.jpeg

Aye, I have a decent AES collection.

Fond memories of the hardware? Not really. Metal Slug is, however, brilliant. I "wasted" money on a Neo Geo Mini mainly because of Metal Slug.

Big neo fan here.
Had a consolized mvs at one point but now just play in my candy cab.
Super sidekicks and Neo turf masters are two of the greatest games ever made.

Nice to hear about the Aes collection @Arv
I know a few people who have sold up over the last few years due to price increase.

Yes, I had one when they were new and games cost an arm and a leg ( I realise some still do!)

Last edited:
Neo Geo was serious hardcore stuff back in the day. I couldn't afford it then. I wouldn't afford it now by choice. Ancient tech, time moves on.

+1 for Neo Turf Masters

Money Puzzle Exchange, Twinkle Star Sprites, Windjammers and Shock Troopers are stone cold classics too and still play as well today as they did back then. It’s amazing to think that was a 16 bit system.

I have a ‘Sports Centre’ 4 slot cab I was thinking of selling but I feel like firing it up now and playing a couple of carts! 😊

The Super Sidekicks series contains some of my favourite multiplayer games. The simulation and realism of FIFA and the like is all very well, but no match for the excitment of a ‘Super Psyche Up!!’ or a ref turning a blind eye to a knee in the face or a rugby tackle.

The Engrish is all AAA standard as is the Asian fella doing the faux posh English accents.

I've got a decent MVS collection for use in one of my arcade cabinets

My memories of NeoGeo from back in the day comes from watching GamesMaster hosted by Dominic Diamond

Yea,
Love superside kicks and neogeo world cup 98.
Nothing like getting away with a filthy foul and then scoring a screamer against your mate!!
Also the goal celebrations are hilarious .

Love turf masters too but it gets too hard after the 8/9th hole.
Wind becomes completely random and insanely strong.

I was in awe of the NeoGeo arcade cabs. Great little logo jingle too, and I especially liked seeing the 100megashock screen for some reason.

I assume they were like Jamma on steroids under the hood.

Never saw a single person with the little portable memory packs though.

Have been slacking on building a console-ised enclosure for an MV-1FZ. Got all the bits and it's all working, actually, with RGB SCART and a PC PSU and a bunch of joystick parts attached to a cardboard box, all works fine once I got the voltages right for our very bitchy, intolerant modern TV's SCART support. But it's still very much prototype and none of the wood assembled yet...

...it was around this time I got my first pinball machine and I've been screwed since that day for free time, to be honest.

My dear wife is fond of some of the puzzlers and we have a few of them like Puzzle Bobble, Puzzled! but Magical Drop 3 was definitely the puzzler I got for myself. Also got Samurai Shodown 2 because... it's Neo Geo you're going to have to have some of the fighters.

Would have a bigger collection of games but I swore off buying any more carts until I actually get the sodding MV-1FZ consolised and both joysticks built + finished...

Back
Top Bottom