What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lost mains adapter, need advice on buying a new one please

cooldan

i like pizza
hi guys
2 years ago i bought a battery car jumpstarter on Amazon, to regularly jumpstart my bike that i used irregularly and was kept in an unpowereed garage. it's fantastic, love it to bits, habven't recharged it in years and it still works, but i want to top it up from the mains ....... unfortunately though my mains adapter is lost, and obviously i don't wanna spend £60 on a new thing. the original item was called a carpow D28 like this http://www.car-pow.com/products/5.html#.WPUBAWu1vIU
but it was resold through Amazon and the reseller appears to no longer be in business. Amazon seems to still sell various repackaged ones that look the same to my untrained eye, but not any adapters by themselves. there's plenty to buy on ebay but i don't want to buy something that misses the mark on some tech spec or other that went over my head, hence the request here.

so i need a UK mains adapter that provides "CC/CV 15V 1A" from the UK mains into this block thing via a little prog thing that i reckon is 3.5mm but i could be wrong.

anyone help me out please?

56ee3f0831845.jpg s-l1600.jpg IMG_9164.JPG IMG_9163.JPG IMG_9165.JPG

many thanks in advance fellas, obviously i prefer something with a UK plug on, but can use a plug adapter if i need to. if you can link me to one i can just buy on ebay, that'd be great. i can't recommend this little piece of kit enough, i musta used it to start the dead bike at least 30 times, plus i used it to start the car a few times as well.

hi guys
2 years ago i bought a battery car jumpstarter on Amazon, to regularly jumpstart my bike that i used irregularly and was kept in an unpowereed garage. it's fantastic, love it to bits, habven't recharged it in years and it still works, but i want to top it up from the mains ....... unfortunately though my mains adapter is lost, and obviously i don't wanna spend £60 on a new thing. the original item was called a carpow D28 like this http://www.car-pow.com/products/5.html#.WPUBAWu1vIU
but it was resold through Amazon and the reseller appears to no longer be in business. Amazon seems to still sell various repackaged ones that look the same to my untrained eye, but not any adapters by themselves. there's plenty to buy on ebay but i don't want to buy something that misses the mark on some tech spec or other that went over my head, hence the request here.

so i need a UK mains adapter that provides "CC/CV 15V 1A" from the UK mains into this block thing via a little prog thing that i reckon is 3.5mm but i could be wrong.

anyone help me out please?

View attachment 44352 View attachment 44351 View attachment 44350 View attachment 44349 View attachment 44348

many thanks in advance fellas, obviously i prefer something with a UK plug on, but can use a plug adapter if i need to. if you can link me to one i can just buy on ebay, that'd be great. i can't recommend this little piece of kit enough, i musta used it to start the dead bike at least 30 times, plus i used it to start the car a few times as well.[/QUOTE

Last edited:
we ned to know whether its 15v ac or 15v dc.couldn't make out from picture.if ya can find a better pic of the charger silver label it would help.If ac no problem if dc we would need to know whther centre pin is a positive or negative,try and find other pics and post em here

Thanks fellas yes I've contacted carpow and also a couple of adapter sellers on the bay, just a bit scared of blowing it up because of what it is, if I use an incorrect bit of kit. Definitely it's to turn AC from the mains into DC inside this (basically) big battery.

The thing in the Amazon link doesn't say CC/CV or 1 amp on it, still ok?

Back
Top Bottom