What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Lord of the Rings/ Metallica

richk87

Registered
Hi guys,

Been looking for good prices on the above tables. Would prefer a trade (and extra cash) for a STTNG or Champion Pub.

Be great to add either to the collection!

Good luck fella - both hard to come by (LOTR seems to come up a bit more regularly). I won't be moving either of mine on for a good while....

I’ve got LOTR LE, I was after a normal one but most had skill posts and wear then this came up so snatched it up!
Good luck.

They’re both excellent games. About 50% of the LOTR I see have skill posts, which I hate but others can see past no issues, so it might help people to know what you’re after in terms of condition, spec, MET Pro or Premium, etc.

Met premium is the way to go for the full game experience, but the Pro is f‘ing brilliant value in comparison. Had both, still have the Premium, so speaking from experience.

LOTR is great too, but much longer games. I have a regular non-skill post machine that I had considered selling a month or 2 ago, but it’s HUO and in really great nick with a fair few mods, plus I’m not after STTNG or Champion Pub as trade fodder, sorry.

I have a nice condition skill post LOTR I've been thinking of moving on. Not interested in a trade though as I already have a STTNG, not interested in CP and really need the space. It has Comet LEDs and a LEDOCD board. Can offer it with or without a ColorDMD. Will have to consider what fair value is in the current market as I haven't been on the forum much at all lately.

You know I always thought a skill post was a single small post in between the flippers, ie

1575971487927.png

Which also suck.

they were usually immediately deactivated by ops as you could basically play a machine for hours otherwise.
I've had a few games with skill posts pass through. I found that they actually shortened my ball time as I focused on them too much. Maybe if I had persevered I would have improved with them, maybe not.

Either way, I agree, they are a dreadful idea.

Lollipop side rails will cover the hole in the cabinet once you remove the flipper buttons, and I'm sure I've seen decals that can go over the side and centre posts for TSPP and LOTR, but can't remember where.

I would prefer to have a game without the posts but not sure if I'd prefer a US import (were they doing the voltage detection thing when LOTR was released?)
I don't really notice the posts, except that the ball has hung on them once or twice in hundreds of games.

I don't mind a centre post as long as a game is designed to have one, chill saves can be quite enjoyable.

Maybe getting off topic slightly here but...

Spider-Man has a centre post, but my CAD drawing doesn’t show it! Maybe it was added later.
5CBB638B-CA37-4E9D-8CCA-EA77597C66AC.jpeg

T3 clearly shows the skill post solenoids between the flippers and above the outlanes. A 2003 game.

FA1EDE3B-9435-4E96-BFBA-ACF947A07F10.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom