What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Lord of the Rings LE Edition 2009 - My precious - Reduced 5750

Lance

Registered
Had this about 5 years , I always wanted a LE , took me ages to source one so it was bought from the states and shipped over and all converted by Pinball Heaven to UK so all done properly.

So its one of the 500 or made LE’s which was done in a special run by Stern.

Onto the work done on it which has been a pretty penny..

Firstly the original lockdown bar, backbox hinges and siderails were tarnished when I had it. So its had new siderails purchased and then the whole lot at great cost were re platted. But boy does it set it off.

Also replatted were the 2 gold ramps on playfield.

And front two are New Gold Legs as originals marked ( I am fussy )

Its had some LEDS put in , which make it pop.

Comes with ColorDMD - LCD screen, which I think is a must for this title.

The LE did not come with any figures , but have source some of them. And had fitted there also some others , it’s a matter of taste but think it sets it off nicely.

As it’s the LE there no UK Skill posts and it has the special backglass and the playfield is perfect as was factory double clearcoated. Also has cliffy protectors installed ( Like Shire , balrog etc ) . The shaker motor is also factory installed.

I forget the mods added but has magnetic balrog stikers that hides the two girls on the apron, Gold speaker covers.

Has Jays palantar mod ( glass ball with Eye of Sauron in it ) which again looks great, was sourced from US I have original fitting if want to covert back.

Needless to say a lot of work to get it as it is.

Its gorgeous and will be sad to see it go , but I don’t play it as much nowadays and want to make some room.

Playfield perfect , Cab is great. I can take more pictures . let me know what you want. I took a load, its next to another machine so none of left side , but the left is like the right , its pretty perfect.

Easy access to machine to arrange collection.

Bad points – only two and I am pretty picky – As a LE it came with a owners certificate – The guy I bought it from had lost it. The LE has a shaker motor and he also lost the cover to that , that should be easy to get but never bothered . You can see the shaker in one of the pictures.

That’s its , As to price , it cost a lot this one to acquire and make it as pristine as possible, and is LE , So I am going to ask for 6K. Think I might hold out for that as it’s a special one , but lets see how it goes.. I am happy to keep and don’t need to sell so really putting it up to see of someone wants a LE version and can give it a good home and play it.

Please no backglass jokes or stupid offers , life is too short 😊
main sell.jpg
main sell.jpg
main sell 2.jpg
main sell 2.jpg
main sell 3.jpg
Sell 0.jpg
Sell 5.jpg

Attachments

• main sell 5.jpg
    main sell 5.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 160
  • Sell 1.jpg
    Sell 1.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 168
  • Sell 2.jpg
    Sell 2.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 159
  • Sell 3.jpg
    Sell 3.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 134
  • Sell 4.jpg
    Sell 4.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 127
  • Sell 6.jpg
    Sell 6.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 129
  • Sell 7.jpg
    Sell 7.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 127
  • Sell 9.jpg
    Sell 9.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 127
  • Sell 11.jpg
    Sell 11.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 123
  • Sell 12.jpg
    Sell 12.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 120
  • Sell 13.jpg
    Sell 13.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 121
  • Sell 14.jpg
    Sell 14.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 118
  • Sell 15.jpg
    Sell 15.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 116
  • Sell 16.jpg
    Sell 16.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 121
  • Sell 17.jpg
    Sell 17.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 127
  • Sell 18.jpg
    Sell 18.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 133
  • Sell 19.jpg
    Sell 19.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 141
  • Sell 20.jpg
    Sell 20.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 144
  • Sell 21.jpg
    Sell 21.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
I love how this LE has more emphasis on the beard wang by it's golden outline 😂 did they get a 3 year old to do the outlining on the back glass? its so badly done.

Its a great game and a very nice example! Good luck with the sale

Looks stunning in gold armour, I’m sure this won’t hang around for long, good luck with the sale

Dropping this to 5750 . Had some interest but still available. If doesnt sell for that decided to keep it and play for a while

I was actually gonna buy some mirror blades. You reckon gold ones would look better than regular ones?

This has got the glass translite which is a keeper even with the dick beard!
But yea mirror blades are gonna be a thing

Good price. Just seen these are plastic rather than metal. Do you have any pics of your gold ones inside of a machine?

Attachments

• MB1.jpg
    MB1.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 29
  • MB2.jpg
    MB2.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 28
  • MB4.jpg
    MB4.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 27
  • MB3.jpg
    MB3.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 26
Yea would be interested to see what the verdict is on them compared to the metal ones.

BTW: @Lance That was a beautiful machine you've sold here. Definitely misses that final touch: those gold mirror blades! Can't be worse than no blades at all :) But my opinion is slightly biased... :)

I have some gold blades already fitted in my LOTR if you want pictures?

As M4carp said, they look ok. Remember, from a player's position you need to think about how how the lighting is up the sides of the playfield, as this is what you will see reflected. Hobbit is quite a bright game with a lot going on up the sides IMO. LOTR not so much, but still glad I added them vs. some third part art blades.

I have pinstadiums fitted to mine so more reflection, gold would be my choice out of the mirror blades.
I do like the look of those Power Bladz though and would get rid of pinstadiums if I got those.

Back
Top Bottom