What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loose target mount repair RFM

Martin.D

Registered
Alias
No-Clu
Throught I'd post the results of a repair.
My Revenge from Mars table got me into enjoying pinball again and good machine to learn maintenance on. Sadly it's had hard life (Not at my hands but also early lessons learned on what to look for when buying used pinball tables).

Current problem Target at back of playfield (Image 1) has come loose and damage under side of playfield (Image 2). To the point where screws will not hold target mount.
Not sure the correct way to address this problem as could not find similar problem on forums, and my wood work skills not good. So this is the fix I came up with.

M3 10mm Brass Screw In Type A Threaded Wood Inserts. Allowing me to use M3 bolts which fit metal target bracket.
IF I do this again maybe would use M3 8mm.

Suggested to drill hole for the insert into the material, 4.6 - 4.9 (Softwood) hole or 4.9 - 5.2 (Hardwood)
Used 4.5mm drill bit and small 2 x 4cm+ wood with pre-dilled 10mm hole. Putting 2 x 4cm wood in front of drill allows me to position drill bit length so it ONLY drills 10mm or 8mm depth.

Hope this offers suggestion for fixing this problem for others. Or what NOT to do as I am well aware that this could have gone bad.

Image 1.
Image1.jpg

Image 2.
Image2.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Image3.jpg

Image4.jpg

Image5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom