What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loose Legs

pintableuser

Registered
Very often Pinball cabinet inner leg bracket bolt hole threads get damaged. This is caused when the leg bolt is wrongly cross-threaded and forced tight when fitting the legs.
When you remove the leg bolt you will see the damaged thread.

A common "Fix" is the bolt is forced thru the leg bracket and a nut screwed on the damaged thread securing leg to cabinet.

A pain everytime the legs are removed especially if its thru a rear bracket

As an interim measure try running a 3/8" UNC thread tap thru the bracket and fit a good leg bolt.
Should keep legs tight...... til the next time leg bolts are cross-threaded.

When in doubt fit a new inner bracket....Loose legs will damage your cabinet and decals.
I'm only writing this as one day I may buy your pin :)

Last edited:
I have a problem with a couple on T2 and one on DE:SW

Anyone going to Replay that has the inner brackets?

I have a problem with a couple on T2 and one on DE:SW

Anyone going to Replay that has the inner brackets?

Think Andy at Pinball Mania sells them but best to pre-order and then collect from NLPS as don't think that he is taking all his stock.

Last edited:
I've changed 4 x leg brackets on my 5 pins, seems a common problem. Doesn't help that the design is crap to start with, the older backets only have a few threads, easily stripped if someone gets carried away.

Back
Top Bottom