What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for some advice re: flipper power - Capcom Airborne

flushy85

Registered
Hey guys was hoping someone could give me some advice on what they think my best course of action would be in regard to a Capcom Airborne I've had for a few months.

I bought it purely as a time waster a gap fill until I found another pin to take it's place, and since I think I've found another pin I have a small decision to make.

Unfortunately the flippers don't have enough power at the moment for the game to be truly enjoyable.
So I want to move the pin on anyway but not sure whether to try and fix the issue myself (I've never worked on pinball machines before) or just offer it here and possibly take a hit on the price.

I have found the correct flipper coils from a supplier in the US but no complete flipper kit.

Any advice appreciated cheers

In my experience the issue is never the coils. It could be the eos adjustment. The sleeve needs replacing or the plunger and linkage. Or even the flipper button switches on older leaf switch games.
Worry tinkering with all of those parts first. There are millions of vids on YouTube and advice from previous threads on here mate

Ah, ok I'll do some investigating on what you mentioned.
In the mean time since I need/want it gone soon is it worth listing it for sale so someone else can have a go of it instead?
How much value would you take off the machine with this issue?

Assuming it’s just a flipper rebuild and you have new coils, they cost about £60 a pair. Plus the faff of doing it so maybe £100

ah way less damage than I feared, thanks for your help, I'll get it listed to see if there's any interest here then, cheers!

Back
Top Bottom