What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for advise - Bally very noisy transformer

Tidy Technician

Registered
Hi all,

I have just taken delivery of a ToM which i bought as refurbished.

Sadly i didn't notice on delivery, there was a lot going on.. but the transformer is unacceptably noisy.
So much so, is the game is not in play, you really have to turn it off.. the hum is loud.

I have tried you mounting it onto rubber washers, and bashed it with a hammer (as advised by the person i bought it from) but the noise id just the same.

HELP !!

Does anyone have a spare transformer ?
Where can i buy one ?
Anyone have any other suggestions ?

Is it possible to replace the transformer with a solid state power supply / supplies ??

I am thinking of replacing the lamps with LED's, will the smaller load make much difference to the noise ?

thank you in advance for any help...

That last bit is new to me. Must remember that. When I read this thread title I automatically thought it would be a ToM. They are the worst.

If that doesn't work, either try GrizZ' suggested technique of removing the noisy metal plate, or employ an EBH

Back
Top Bottom