What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Look familiar?

S

Sonny_Jim

i.imgur.com_WsFfRvV.jpg

Apparently "someone" has managed to snaffle one of the Pred prototypes and has it at home

..and then posted a picture of it on the internet. Assuming this is not owned by one of the guys making the machine, this wasn't the brightest move.

Who is "someone"? Bit bold that. Got to be one of the most emotive machines - not the best 'talking point'!

Yarp. Several guys here got stiffed. Mixed opinions on whether the guy was a crook or incompetent but he's not going to get many xmas cards this year...

Looks like a very finished machine. Not like your usual dodgy kickstarter fails.
Predator would have been a good theme

The deal was ruined by interfering sh1tlords on pinside, that hadn't even pre-ordered the games and just wanted to ruin it for everyone else by deliberately getting in touch with the rights holders and telling on them.

As I have already said, we know that they have a number of the important pieces already produced (i.e. cabs and play-fields with the art screened on) and those are the important bits, and they can't use them.

If you are one of the unfortunate victims, then you need to get in touch with the SkitB guys, be nice and friendly, let them know you are not after their blood, but really really really want to get hold of the cab/playfield or any of the bits that there is any chance of getting. They use a lot of common parts, so you could finish off alot of the assembly yourselves.

I don't know if it would work, but its certainly worth a try, I'd rather try and get a playfield rather than nothing if its possible

Very mixed feelings about this.

On one hand it's great that it wasn't crushed.

On the other it's like having stolen property. A lot of people are out $5k. Is the owner one of them or did he give the money to a known crook and liar?

Personally I'm over it as it got the majority of my cash back from MasterCard. If I hadn't I think this would be rubbing salt into the wound

@Rus121 - <-- this poor bloke lost all his money, then gave up the hobby because of it, we haven't seen him on here for a while.

Which is a real shame :(

Well that's a kick in balls :(

I am down every single penny which I put in which was all of it

@lukewells skit-B stopped answering all emails months ago, I tried the softly softly approach and it got me no where. So harsh to see what we could have had :(

Well that's a kick in balls :(

I am down every single penny which I put in which was all of it

@lukewells skit-B stopped answering all emails months ago, I tried the softly softly approach and it got me no where. So harsh to see what we could have had :(

Sorry to hear that mate, I hope you get something out of it one day (like everyone else effected) I really hope there are still some printed parts out there

can anyone point me to the original pic? Might still have metadata included which shows where the GPS co-ordinates it was taken are... such info is present in most pics taken by most cameras nowadays.... unless switched off..
Thanks for translating my covert message into plain English! That's exactly what I was thinking. Or maybe somebody recognises the rest of the background location? @Sonny_Jim, where did you find this picture?

Ohhhhh I like the way of trying to find out where that pic came from , that's proper secret squirrel type stuff that is :popcorn:

Nothing from Google Reverse Image Search. The image at the start of this thread is here, , which was uploaded 7th September. No other information there and no EXIF data in the image itself.

Would still like to know where this image originally surfaced? Pinside?

Then what happens if we find out where it came from.
It's not like we can drive round to confront the person.
It just leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Yeah, I guess so. But if this is a recent picture then the investigating authorities will be interested to know where such as valuable asset (evidence?) as this is located, who has it and who gave it to them, etc.

Then again, maybe best left buried and forgotten...

can anyone point me to the original pic? Might still have metadata included which shows where the GPS co-ordinates it was taken are... such info is present in most pics taken by most cameras nowadays.... unless switched off..
We know who Mr Holmes is but which forum member is Watson? :D

@Rus121 - <-- this poor bloke lost all his money, then gave up the hobby because of it, we haven't seen him on here for a while.

Which is a real shame :(

Give up on something I love because of a stinking soap dodging oxygen thief? Not in this world or the next, but thanks for the thought.

I am actively pursuing legal action and I can take some comfort in laughing at the court documents Kevins lawyer files. In reality, the money part stung but meant little in comparison to how p*ssed i was at myself for letting my desire level get out of control. The only reason I haven't got back into things is because my old turbo celica rotted on my drive and I decided to have it restored/upgraded. Pinball will be a welcome pastime once this nightmare is out the way. (a year on ...grrr)

So yeah, still about, still can be tempted by nice machines that make me daydream about going to get them when I'm supposed to be doing something productive. :)

@Rus121 get yourself to NLP, will be good to have a chat about the bad taste which was the Predator nightmare.
As another who lost money I'd be interested in hearing how your chase for your money was going.
D.

Back
Top Bottom