What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

London Pinball League dates & Shine Charity Comp

Matt Vince

Site Supporter
Due to a very busy year (including the arrival of my son Daniel) it appears that there are not enough free weekends left to complete our league season. So in order to fit all the meets in, we are holding meets 4 & 5 on the 28th & 29th of November. Now we realise that this is asking a lot of you all, so we shall also be holding the Shine Charity pinball comp across the weekend as well.

Entry to the league will be same as always, £5 with lunch and a drink at the bar. Entry to the Shine competition will be free with your league entry, however we will be asking for donations across the weekend.

The format of the Shine competition will involve qualifying accros both days with head to head knockout on Sunday evening. You will be able to enter on just one day, but will be at a disadvantage compared with those that play on both days. This is designed to reward those that are able to attend both league meets.

In an attempt to be a bit better organised, the last league meet will be held on Saturday the 19th December.

We look forward to seeing you all soon, further details and a list of machines will be announced shortly.

Hi Matt,

Any chance you could give a little more info on the format? I'm not able to make the Saturday but may be able to make the Sunday and just wanted to know my chances of qualifying in one day?

Cheers, Craig

Hi Matt,

Any chance you could give a little more info on the format? I'm not able to make the Saturday but may be able to make the Sunday and just wanted to know my chances of qualifying in one day?

Cheers, Craig
The format of the Shine comp will be 18 games of qualifying (10 on Saturday, 8 on Sunday) with the top 8 playing each other in 7 head to head matches to determine the winner. Personally, I think it will be very difficult to quality only playing on one day, but we have Game of Thrones, a raffle and lots of games to enjoy as well as a great cause to support, so don't be deterred from only attending on Sunday.

There are details at www.London Pinball.co.UK on the league pages.

Also, a friend is asking if there'll be a Walking Dead? Any chance?
Hi Rowan,

I don't have a walking dead I'm afraid! I know John has an LE but he has been kind enough to let me borrow that once before. If anyone has a walking dead (or any other machine) that they are happy to be used at this charity event, then please get in touch!

Thanks

Matt

This weekends charity event at The Pipeline is fast approaching so here is an update of what we have in store for you!

Charity Raffle
We are delighted to announce that there will be raffle tickets available over the weekend at £1 per ticket. All money will go directly to Shine and we have the following prizes to win:
The Hobbit Translite (Courtesy of Pavlov Pinball)
Signed Full Throttle Translite & Shirts (Courtesy of Heighway Pinball)
LED insert kit of your choice (Courtesy of Pinball LED)
Bottle of 'Pinball Wine' (Courtesy of Mike Kindler)
Pinball Magazine (Courtesy of Jonathan Joosten)
Various pinball shirts (Courtesy of Pinball News & London Pinball)
If you would like to support the charity by purchasing raffle tickets but will not be able to attend, then you can buy tickets by making a donation to https://www.justgiving.com/Shed4Shine/ (full results to be posted here)
Game of Thrones - Courtesy of Pinball Heaven
Thanks to Phil, we will have Stern's latest machine available on pay per play all weekend with all money going directly to Shine. This will not be part of the competitions to ensure anyone can play as and when they wish.
The Shine Charity Pinball Comp
The format: 18 games of qualifying split across two days, 10 games on Saturday and 8 games on Sunday.
the top 8 players progress and play each other in 7 head-to-head matches to determine the winner. All ties decided by qualifying postion.
The Prizes: There will be trophies for the top 3 and WPPR points will be awarded.
The London Pinball League
Meets 4 & 5 are also being held on Saturday & Sunday with some of the qualifying scores being used for the league. As always, every entrant will receive a drink from the bar and pizza for lunch thanks to Thomas @ The Pipeline.
Entry on the day is £5 for adults and free for under 16's, we hope you all enjoy a family friendly atmosphere and loads of pinball fun! The provisional machine list is as follows:
Game of Thrones
Twilight Zone
Hit the Deck
AC/DC Premium
World Cup Soccer
Meteor
Jackbot
Spiderman
Surf & Safari
Judge Dredd
CSI
Fish Tales
Star Trek the next Generation
Indy 500

Looking forward to it Matt, will be there both days! Can I just double check what time the doors open on Saturday and Sunday?

Ta!

I am pleased to announce that we managed to raise £585.12 for the Shine Charity over the weekend. Thank you to all those that attended, contributed or made donations! Once the coins are bagged up and banked, I shall be paying the money onto https://www.justgiving.com/Shed4Shine/ where we will continue to raise money for this worthy cause!

I would like to thank the following companies and people for donating prizes and/or machines to the event, without whom we wouldn't have been able to raise anywhere near as much:

The Pipeline Bar, Pinball Heaven, Heighway Pinball, Pinball News, Pinball LED, Pavlov Pinball, Pinball Magazine, Mike Kindler, Robin Kemp, Gary Flower, Stan Simpson, Harry Bolt, Thomas Evrenos and Justin Walker.

There were some raffle prizes won by people not in attendance when the draw was made, these are:

Paul Rubens - Signed Full Throttle backglass AND Pinball LED insert kit of your choice!

Mark Johnson - Bottle of Goldschlager

Ivan Miles - Dying Light PC game

Please contact me to arrange collection of your prizes!

I still have copies of Pinball Magazine available, should anyone wish to purchase a copy they are £15 + P&P or can be collected at the Festive Pinball Comp.

Congratulations to Martin Ayub the Shine Charity pinball champion for 2015!

Here are the Full results:

1 Martin Ayub

2 Matt Vince

3 Mike Kindler

4 Lukasz Romanowski

5 Peter Blakemore

6 Oscar Evrenos

7 Rich Mallett

8 Sam Cullis

9 Chris Poyntz

10 David Mainwaring

11 Ivan Miles

12 Justin Walker

13 Vin Jauhal

14 Nick Hamill

15 Florian Zeisig

16 Sverker Nordqvist

17 Richard Wade

18 Stan Simpson

19 John Whitfield

20 Rowan Salger

21 Tim Thornton

22 Thomas Evrenos

23 Keith Fransham

24 Alan Pickering

25 Bob Pickering

26 Victor Sanchez

27 Jon Emack

28 David Tucker

29 Rory Williams

30 Mark Johnson

31 Jenette Passmore

32 Rayne Passmore

33 Chris Webber

34 Andy Wraight

35 Punk Stig

36 Jason Poyntz

37 Matti Beramsingh

38 Matthew Whitfield

39 Owen Richards

40 Ben Pike

41 Isobel Pike

42 Chris Anderson

42 Melissa Pickering

44 Rebecca Whitfield

45 Robin Kemp

46 Andy Ball

47 Paul Rubens

48 Pete Closs

49 Krystian Kozlowski

50 Jonny Townsend

51 Sarah Vince

52 Kira Baker

53 Steven Farrugia

54 Disco Stu

55 Stefania Thiery

56 Lucy Vince

57 Katie Vince

The results of the two league meets are available to see at http://www.londonpinball.co.uk
Thank you all once more for your support!
Matt

Well done Matt, I wish I coulda been there but I was looking after sick toddler and a sick (or lead swinging) wife so I couldn't get out of the house.

Well played Mike K on the podium finish. And well done everyone who got beaten by Rebecca and Melissa.

Great to hear Matt, it was a really good weekend as always! Wished I had managed to play better in the finals but 2 days of non-stop pinball is knackering, but the best kind of knackering! Brilliant you managed to raise that much for the charity.

Highlight of the weekend: being told to turn the music down on Tron, lol.

You have to bear in mind that some competitors couldn't make it back for the second day due prior commitments (or in some cases, hangovers!)

You played very well to make the final! As for the music on Tron, who needs to hear the jukebox anyway!

Back
Top Bottom