What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Locked Parcel Box - Any Views Please ?

DRD

Registered
I live in a village and probably receive 2 deliveries a day on average for personal and business use. Some days I might receive 5 plus deliveries

Mainly small stuff from amazon. I also need a good volume of building maintenance type items: hand tools and consumables- drills, bolts, locks, aerosols, face masks ..... Planning ahead and buying in advance makes this stuff much cheaper than going to a builders merchant and it saves time v driving to shops

Like everyone, I routinely have stuff left on the step in the rain/ thrown over the 6ft gate leading to my garden/ placed in my recycling bin .....

I am after a locked parcel box that can cope with multiple deliveries, but these are still quite rare and hard to actually see in the flesh

Realistically I need the biggest size that firms supply. About 1m tall or so. Floor standing. Bolted to floor and or wall.

Having researched online, this seems to be the thing for me. It is heavy at 42kg - more than double the weight of others in this extra large class. The description sounds sensible - 1mm galv steel, powder coated, it automatically locks when full, all stainless steel locks, hinges etc

https://www.brizebox.com/product/standalone-extra-large/

But it is £370 !

I did wonder about the extra wheelie bin idea - thanks @C&C but I routinely get more than one delivery.

Given that we will all have been receiving far more deliveries due to corona I thought some folk on here might have been down this road themselves.

Before I pull the trigger on this - does anyone have any better suggestions, or an alternative product pls ?

Thank you

Both look like great ideas.

Loads on amazon as well, and the return policy they have in place is better than ebay !

It seems always a ball ache to start a case on ebay - at least amazon, you click a box and it gets collected (or you drop off) and you get your money back quick.

They seem to have Tony's suggestion on amazon at the same cost.

I was looking at one of these two nights ago - but I do not have anywhere safe to fit it!

@Pick Holder

Thanks for the suggestion. The amazon one you posted weighs 12kg versus the 42kg brizebox I am wondering about.

This thing will get daily use (and abuse), be in the rain, at risk of being overloaded .....

Having looked at the specs of various ones ...

Steel v galv steel
Weight
Max parcel size
What stops them overflowing and being left open .....

I ended up with the rather expensive brizebox.

I just wish I could go to a damned shop to see a few.

This one looks good too. Seems well designed. About 18kg. Probably in second position for me... a sensible combination of galv steel and aluminium.... but its capacity and max parcel size much smaller than the brizebox. However, at a much nicer £190

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Architectu...ocphy=1006690&hvtargid=pla-405438500563&psc=1

I have a sneaky feeling that the brizebox folk also do Internet trawls and price accordingly !

Last edited:
For me the weight would not bother me (BIG difference in 12lg vs 42kg!) - as I would rawl bolt it to the wall. If I had a big enough wall..... Where it 'could' go has a darn drain pipe running down so that takes it out the equasion.

I wonder how flimsy the 12kg on is in construction? I agree - sometimes you need to physically see a product.

Back
Top Bottom