What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Live streaming pinball

Good spot, however something fishy about that one... video shows SJ4000, however it looks like another copy/knock off...

May invest in a reasonable one tomorrow if anything comes up on BF/CM

Pinball News will have a directory of updated streams shortly under the new Video Tab.

I also have a Live stream set up and a channel at
I have not started regular streaming yet but have made a test broadcast. I am ready to go live any time now.

Hopefully soon I will be broadcasting live selected final games from UK pinball tournaments with a live commentary team. Expect it to build from here.

Cheers David

Got all that lot working on my mini pc, but to make it useful I needed a longer usb cable (and a usb hub). So this is where everything goes wrong and gets frustrating. The long usb cable (10m, powered) doesn't work on my mini pc. It just flat out says its unsupported. I presume my mini pc isn't powering the usb with enough juice. The cable works on my laptop just great, but then I can't power three cameras on my laptop, I suspect its saturating the USB bandwidth

Yep, a powered USB hub is definitely required to boost the USB signal if you're at 10m... RS have a 7 port hub for £14.46 and a 4 port hub for £7.67

Pinball News will have a directory of updated streams shortly under the new Video Tab.

I also have a Live stream set up and a channel at
I have not started regular streaming yet but have made a test broadcast. I am ready to go live any time now.

Hopefully soon I will be broadcasting live selected final games from UK pinball tournaments with a live commentary team. Expect it to build from here.

Cheers David
Ahh, that was my plan too. Had intended to setup at Wayne's event last week but for some last minute hiccups. What kind of hardware are you going with David? Are you using usb cameras for example?

Here is a list I am using.

Heavy Duty Lighting Stand
3 x Logitech c920 Webcams
1 x Snowball Blue Mic
4 x usb extenders
4 way powered usb hub
Laptop quad core i7, 1 TB ssd, 12 gb ram, Geforce Gtx 980
2 x sets of gaming headsets with noise cancelling for the commentary
3 x clamp and ball socket mounts.

Software

OBS Multiplatform and plugins.

Regards David

Last edited:
Here is a list I am using.

Heavy Duty Lighting Stand
3 x Logitech c920 Webcams
1 x Snowball Blue Mic
4 x usb extenders
4 way powered usb hub
Laptop quad core i7, 1 gig ssd, 12 gb ram, Geforce Gtx 980
2 x sets of gaming headsets with noise cancelling for the commentary
3 x clamp and ball socket mounts.

Software

OBS Multiplatform and plugins.

Regards David

I'm guessing thats a 1TB ssd ? 1 Gig wouldn't be overly useful :p Although my first dos/windows computer only had a 40mb hard drive :confused:

Pictures of my current setup.

20151123_122305.jpg

Make sure when you order your snowball blue mic it's not an ice version. Ice version does not have the switch on the back for the different settings. For streaming you will need option 3 conference mode. Omni-directional sound. Logitech C920 are no good for sound don't even think of using and turn them all off in your software.
20151123_122314.jpg
Playfield Cam make sure it slopes same as playfield glass or you will get a concave bottom of table that is not square :)

20151123_122321.jpg

Sample stream here

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom