What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"LITZ" Yeah Baby Yeah

Judge Dreads

Site Supporter
Yes guys and gals, at last....only took 4+ years, saying that I hardly played it because I though it was a depressing peeeeeeeeeeg but now I think it pretty damn fine and glad I didn't sell it for an uber profit back in the day. Finally got my name on it......bye bye NIK with his poxy 750,000 score, proudly hold top spot on the machine and on “lost in the zoneâ€, not bad considering I didn't nudge once and I class myself as a novice without many ball skills (hate football so that can be added to the no ball skills)

Ive was right again...Twilight Zone is OK after all, I'm off to buy myself a Popeye now to see if he's right about that one too, I believe the SCPP is now accepting new members and I have it from a good source that the movement is in the process of converting into a fully fledged promotional agency... the SCPPA....South Coast Popey Promoting Agency.....codename “Olive Oilâ€, only the Grizz knows for sure and he ain’t talking.

Tips on how to loose your LITZ virginity

(which is a damn sight harder that loosing the other)

Why did it take so long?? here is what I was doing wrong:

1)Shooter lane skill shot, always done it…bad move, sack that off straight away as it always goes from the rocket to the pop bumpers and then a potential LL ball drain. (I think I have Ive and Phil Dixon’s tips to thank for this change in tactics)

2)The slot hole, never went for it, if the ball went in there it was by accident, that new slot mod woke me up to that shot, go for the slot hole although it is tricky and can result in a BB SDTM if not careful.

3)Don’t panic, I used to hit the ball as soon as it fired out of the slot hole eject, after paying attention to how Stan had setup the WH2O (ball bounces from one bat straight to the other ready for a bam!!) same thing applies to my TZ, after taking a closer look at what was really happening I realized that the ball naturally came to rest on the left flipper if it was left to do it’s thing, basically don’t touch it as it flies out of the hole, bounces off the right flipper and comes to rest on the left flipper….at that point it’s set up for the slot hole, either of the ramp shots or the gumball outlane shot (ball velocity is at a minimum at this stage making it easier to pick your shot), ceramic ball is lively but still applies, best get that back to the gumball asap, can be done in one go using this system.

There you have it, if you are doing any of the above like I was, change your game plan and save yourself 4+ years of frustration.

great feeling i aggee! Well done mate.

TZ was my 1st pin and it took me a while also. my TZ left with 4.3 billion on it though so you got a way to go yet andy..lol

biggrin-1.png

Its a great feeling isn't it? TZ was also our first pin, and I remember thinking that I'd never reach LITZ after reading the ruleset. Then, one slightly drunken evening I was playing with some mates, not really paying too much attention to what I was actually doing, just having fun, and I suddenly noticed I'd managed to light pretty much everything needed, while on my final ball, with no extra ball lit... cue sweaty palms, the shakes, and the frantic nudging anytime the ball came within a foot of the outlanes. Somehow I managed to avoid totally shooting myself in the foot, and got it lit. The next minute between lighting it and making the shot that started it felt like hours, with the ball seemingly intent on draining. Miraculously I made the shot, and finally got to see the intro I thought would always elude me. Didn't do too well, but I couldn't have cared less! Reckon I was shaking for a good ten mins after the game finished. Made it a fair few times after that, along with the wizard modes of various other games, but never quite recaptured that feeling. Nothing like your first eh? What a feeling. TZ remains the only machine that we've sold that I'd like to have again someday. Great game, glad you made it to the end!

Talking of great rulesets, we recently got a TSPP and I've read up on what it takes to reach SDMEWM. Don't reckon thats something I'll stumble my way to after a few drinks! Insane requirements. Its a great machine but reckon I'll have to come to terms with the fact that I'll never see it all.

Dreads' date=' post: 1678875 said:
Ive was right again...Twilight Zone is OK after all, I'm off to buy myself a Popeye now to see if he's right about that one too, I believe the SCPP is now accepting new members and I have it from a good source that the movement is in the process of converting into a fully fledged promotional agency... the SCPPA....South Coast Popey Promoting Agency.....codename “Olive Oilâ€, only the Grizz knows for sure and he ain’t talking.

:cool:

Tips on how to loose your LITZ virginity (which is a damn sight harder that loosing the other)

Why did it take so long?? here is what I was doing wrong:

1)Shooter lane skill shot, always done it…bad move, sack that off straight away as it always goes from the rocket to the pop bumpers and then a potential LL ball drain. (I think I have Ive and Phil Dixon’s tips to thank for this change in tactics)

2)The slot hole, never went for it, if the ball went in there it was by accident, that new slot mod woke me up to that shot, go for the slot hole although it is tricky and can result in a BB SDTM if not careful.

3)Don’t panic, I used to hit the ball as soon as it fired out of the slot hole eject, after paying attention to how Stan had setup the WH2O (ball bounces from one bat straight to the other ready for a bam!!) same thing applies to my TZ, after taking a closer look at what was really happening I realized that the ball naturally came to rest on the left flipper if it was left to do it’s thing, basically don’t touch it as it flies out of the hole, bounces off the right flipper and comes to rest on the left flipper….at that point it’s set up for the slot hole, either of the ramp shots or the gumball outlane shot (ball velocity is at a minimum at this stage making it easier to pick your shot), ceramic ball is lively but still applies, best get that back to the gumball asap, can be done in one go using this system.

There you have it, if you are doing any of the above like I was, change your game plan and save yourself 4+ years of frustration.

JustLikeMe' date=' post: 1678877 said:
Talking of great rulesets, we recently got a TSPP and I've read up on what it takes to reach SDMEWM. Don't reckon thats something I'll stumble my way to after a few drinks! Insane requirements. Its a great machine but reckon I'll have to come to terms with the fact that I'll never see it all.

Similar thing when I had Family Guy. To reach the 'Sperm Multiball' wizrd mode seemed to require you to complete a near impossible number of goals. Needless to say never got it. But the day I sold it I took the glass off and manually did it - took for ever hitting everything required even cheating :confused: - and then it actually wasn't that great when you get it.

Unlike LITZ on TZ of course - that start graphics/audio sequence alone is just killer
biggrin-1.png

Dreads' date=' post: 1678875 said:

Of course getting to LITZ is just the start soldier
tongue-1.png
.....you now need to work on the best LITZ tactics to maximise scoring
wink-1.png

biggrin-1.png
True, once the game ended and a fresh ball loaded in to the shooter lane, I just fired it and let it drain, (didn't want to play anymore), it was only after it drained that I realized it would have contributed to the original score DOH!!! probably be another 4 years before I get a chance not to repeat the error. .

Backhand the slot scoop from the right flipper. always the safer option, I always limit extra balls on my games to 2, for competition practise I turn the ballsaver off too. makes you play better with no backup
smile-1.png

Also noticed your tilt setting on that WH2O, if you pull the plunger right out and just let it go you will get a tilt warning LOL, it's more sensitive than a Featherlite
smile-1.png

Back
Top Bottom