What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale Light Pinblades (Pinstadium alternatives)

Wayne J

Site Supporter
Alias
WWJ
As the previous thread has expired https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/portable-pinstadium-alternative.44412/
AND there have been multiple changes, I'll start a new thread.

Basically these are 3D printed light blades to illuminate your machine and help you track the ball better, very similar to the ones in my original thread if you want the detail, see some before and after pics and relive the drama 🤣

The changes are:
  • That they now have magnetic strips on both the horizontal and vertical sides which attach to the side rails making them much less likely to slip or be knocked off while you attempt a slap save on the side of the machine. Please make sure that your siderails are ferrous before ordering!
  • They are much more robust, so keep their shape better meaning the magnetic strips are less likely to come unstuck.
  • The LED strip is now held in a channel , so there is no chance of them falling out due to the adhesive failing.
  • They are slightly shorter 750mm as opposed to 780mm so they don't come as close to your flipper fingers. This doesn't mean any less reduction in the light actually illuminating the playfield, as I'm sure those people who have but a set recently can attest to.
  • The carbon fibre wrap is now much less likely to come unstuck due to the way they are now assembled.
  • Each set comes in its own postal tube/storage case.

Single set £95
1 pair of lightblades
1 custom harness to connect them behind the backbox
1 switch
1 12v 2a power supply (to plug in to wall).

Set of 2 £180
2 pairs of lightblades
2 custom harnesses to connect them behind the backbox
2 switches
1 splitter to connect them both to a single power supply
1 12v 2a power supply (to plug in to wall)

Postage is £10 for one or two sets.

Anybody who is interested in a set drop me a PM.

Attachments

• 20230628_233401.jpg
    20230628_233401.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
They are slightly shorter 750mm as opposed to 780mm so they don't come as close to your flipper fingers. This doesn't mean any less reduction in the light actually illuminating the playfield, as @Crewey can hopefully attest to as he has had a few months with this design.

Absolutely 👍 the illumination is perfect even with the reduction in length.

On a game where the whole GI flashes during a mode (Tommy multiball for example) @Wayne J lighting is a huge benefit, definitely minimising the impact of lazy/poor lighting design. I've achieved my highest scores since having the benefit of the additional lighting on Family Guy & Tommy in my collection.

Any additional photos of the machine in the dark with them switched off and then switched on. Interested in adding these to a couple of my machines.

Any additional photos of the machine in the dark with them switched off and then switched on. Interested in adding these to a couple of my machines.
I forgot to do that, I just wanted to go to bed after gluing, wrapping, soldering and gluing again for most of the evening.
I'll take some more photos tonight and post them up.

Lightblades on, machine on, room light on

Lightblades off, machine on, room light on

Lightblades on, machine on, room light off

Lightblades off, machine on, room light off

Lightblades on, machine off, room light on

Lightblades off, machine off, room light on

Lightblades on, machine off, room light off

Lightblades off, machine off, room light off

Think that should cover all eventualities :)

Obviously having the room light on will alter depending on your own specific lighting.

Excellent! Yeah appreciate its going to be subject to each machines lighting and room lighting but it will be good to see nonetheless.

Thanks for the quick response.

Excellent! Yeah appreciate its going to be subject to each machines lighting and room lighting but it will be good to see nonetheless.

Thanks for the quick response.
There are lots of before and after pics of different machines in the original For Sale thread (link above), taken at Electric Circus.
It really shows how poor some games lighting is

Can't wait for this one.
Wait no longer, I can't wait until its pitch black. 🤣

To be honest Bond is really well lit anyway, so not the best example.

Attachments

• 20230629_215416.jpg
    20230629_215416.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 95
  • 20230629_215358.jpg
    20230629_215358.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 98
  • 20230629_215352.jpg
    20230629_215352.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 89
  • 20230629_215341.jpg
    20230629_215341.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 91
  • 20230629_215327.jpg
    20230629_215327.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 90
  • 20230629_215319.jpg
    20230629_215319.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 87
  • 20230629_215308.jpg
    20230629_215308.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 20230629_215250.jpg
    20230629_215250.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 87
I'll have a limited supply of these for sale at Pinfest (on top of those already preordered).

Let me know if you'd want any setting aside for you.

Got mine today - great stuff, I just got a lot better at Alice Cooper. Thanks Wayne.
(Not sure about the pink interior mind, may attack that with some black insulating tape or summat)

Last edited:
I've had a few orders come in and have sold out - I've got components on order and should have them back for sale in the next week or so.

In the meantime, anybody heading to PBR can see the new design I gave to @Matt Vince to display

Reactions: 3ND
The LED pinblades arrived today from Wayne. Terrific stuff and arrived fast. Fitted in a couple of minutes. No wires showing. Just the right level of brightness, so I still see all the original lights. Strong magnets hold the blades securely and they have a cool carbon fibre weave look to them. Back of playfield is easy to see now. I’m a happy bunny. Jim.
IMG_0891.jpeg

A quick reminder that these are attached to the machine via magnets.

Please check that your siderails are ferrous (a magent will stick to them) before buying.

Unfortunately, the time has come that I have had to re-evaluate the prices I have been charging for both the lightblade sets and the postage due to costs increasing so much in the last 4 years, some components have more than tripled.

There have been a few changes, which I have highlighted in the edited first post of this thread. One of them being now including a switch to turn them on and off, rather than having to switch them off at the plug, not sure why it's taken me this long to add that. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hello
What would the shipping be to sweden? Or if someone could take them to Esc in Borås?
Is it possible to have a different solution than connecting battery behind the backbox? on my venue the games are a bit close and it could be hard to get all the way back?

Hello
What would the shipping be to sweden? Or if someone could take them to Esc in Borås?
Is it possible to have a different solution than connecting battery behind the backbox? on my venue the games are a bit close and it could be hard to get all the way back?
I'll drop you a PM to discuss exact carriage, but I recently sent a set to USA for under £30.

The battery packs that attached via magnets to the backbox hinges have been given up on as no one used them, they were heavy and sometimes fell off. They now attach via a standard 12v 2a plug.

If you solder a 5v usb to the lights, i can see if i can work out something :)

Back
Top Bottom