What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale Light boxes for Pinball translites - Stern/Bally/Williams - New sizes added!!

Pics really don’t give this justice and the Translite just pops.
Now looking super nice in the office and displaying my Elwin Signed GZ translite.

Thx for this I’ve been after one for ever. 🙏

IMG_1927.jpeg
IMG_1928.jpeg

Mine arrived yesterday :) Many thanks Matt and Sarah for these at a (finally!) reasonable price!
I was looking to make some out of routed wood next year, however these are just great!!

Just unpacked, however no time to fire up and play yet...

Looking at them, do they need another sheet of perspex over the front of the translight?? I presume the sheet that comes with it is supposed to ge behind the teanslight itself?

Looking forward to a b/w set too if/when they become available @Matt Vince ???

Mine arrived yesterday :) Many thanks Matt and Sarah for these at a (finally!) reasonable price!
I was looking to make some out of routed wood next year, however these are just great!!

Just unpacked, however no time to fire up and play yet...

Looking at them, do they need another sheet of perspex over the front of the translight?? I presume the sheet that comes with it is supposed to ge behind the teanslight itself?

Looking forward to a b/w set too if/when they become available @Matt Vince ???
Yes, white sheet goes behind and I am going to order a clear sheet of thin plastic to protect the translite.

I will let everyone know on here if I find anything.

Really happy with mine and I think they look great!

Ordered a couple of pieces of clear perspex (3mm) cut to size from https://www.theplasticman.co.uk/ who seem to be the cheapest about (inc postage which is where they get ya!) - Will report back when it arrives as to suitability etc

Now just need to find a couple of translites to fit!! Think i have one.. need to find a second :D

Ordered a couple of pieces of clear perspex (3mm) cut to size from https://www.theplasticman.co.uk/ who seem to be the cheapest about (inc postage which is where they get ya!) - Will report back when it arrives as to suitability etc

Now just need to find a couple of translites to fit!! Think i have one.. need to find a second :D

So I thought about doing this as I have the facilitys to make my own front screen but TBH I would consider the following:

2mm clear acrylic is quite thick in terms of how the lightbox is assembled so you will have to mcguyer it somehow! I have 1mm Acrylic sheets which I have made replacement speaker panels out of for members and even then it would be a little tight I reckon.

The reason I personally did not bother was purely the fact the matt finish on stern translites reflect zero external light sources and actually perform better without so buyer beware as you would be adding a reflector!
I also dont see a reason to proctect the translite unless its in your games room either side of the dart board lol

As for the theplasicman getting you on postage anything over 61cm and you get a kick in the ******** from RM and with his packing material I guess thats about cost. Postage is a bitch nowadays especially for oversize of odd shaped packages.

2mm clear acrylic is quite thick in terms of how the lightbox is assembled so you will have to mcguyer it somehow! I have 1mm Acrylic sheets which I have made replacement speaker panels out of for members and even then it would be a little tight I reckon.
I did wonder if the 2mm would be too thin!! see - i should have asked the expert!!

The reason I personally did not bother was purely the fact the matt finish on stern translites reflect zero external light sources and actually perform better without so buyer beware as you would be adding a reflector!
I also dont see a reason to proctect the translite unless its in your games room either side of the dart board lol

Where it would currently go would be a little dusty - so really needs something to be able to keep most of the crap off... :)
I did wonder if i should go for a matt rather than a "glass" finish. Lets see how these turn out (if i can get them in the frame!)

As for the theplasicman getting you on postage anything over 61cm and you get a kick in the ******** from RM and with his packing material I guess thats about cost. Postage is a bitch nowadays especially for oversize of odd shaped packages.
Oh the postage from them was great (Around £6 for the pair) - it was most of the other places that wanted to rob me... one site wanted more than the item itself to ship!

I will check when I get home if it's still valid. If not, I'll reinstate it and let you know.

Picked mine up from PBR yesterday. Despite leaving the plug that comes included, managed to find a spare and get it running.

Really easy to install the translite and set up.

Looks great and a ridiculously low price compared to what I've seen advertised elsewhere.
20240128_201442.jpg

Just need to get round to hanging it on the wall now (it's even got mounting holes on the back) just need to find my drill.

are the dimension of the enclosures listed anywhere ?

I have a few custom Translites (for non existing games) and I’m not sure what they are the same size as, probably stern dmd though

Back
Top Bottom