What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Liberty Games in Epsom

I worked with a man a few years ago worth hundreds of millions of pounds. He was involved in property, owning dozens and dozens of NW houses. He and taught me a very simple, but hugely valuable lesson about property.

His advice, now copied by me, is to go and see how the tenant currently lives before you let them take on your property. Same applies to commercial property too - visit the current premises.

You can do this very diplomatically - "now as you know, insurers, regulations and all that, I need a copy of your ID and proof of address. I have my ipad with me now, can get this sorted straight away"

Even if they delay you, seeing how they currently live tells you an awful lot. If they resist, you have your answer

References are virtually meaningless. Landlords want crappy tenants out without a 6 month legal process. So they are incentivised to say nice things about crap people. Estate agents .... what do they care if the tenant trashes your place ?

Back
Top Bottom