What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Levelling Your Pinball Without a Spirit Level

Judge Dreads

Site Supporter
OK.......thought you guys 'n' gals needed a laugh so here is my top tip for getting a reasonable lateral level on your pinball with only a spanner, remove one of the balls and place it so it rests on the glass touching the lockdown bar (start off in the centre) if it stays put you are on the right track, if it rolls to one side you best get your spanner out.

Brought to you by Dreadmeister tip of the day service!!

Knew an alcoholic joiner who used to gaffer tape his half empty bottle of scotch to a length of 2"by 1" as a make shift spirit level when he got too ****ed to locate his Stablia, the above system is more accurate
smile-1.png
, his top tips were:

1) When you open a bottle.........throw the lid (won't be needing that again)

2) Only drink out of a wine glass..... break the leg off straight away so that you can't put it down

Dreads' date=' post: 1688789 said:
OK.......thought you guys 'n' gals needed a laugh so here is my top tip for getting a reasonable lateral level on your pinball with only a spanner, remove one of the balls and place it so it rests on the glass touching the lockdown bar (start off in the centre) if it stays put you are on the right track, if it rolls to one side you best get your spanner out.

Brought to you by Dreadmeister tip of the day service!!

That will give you a rough level yeah ..... of course you should always level on the playfield seeing as the ball doesn't roll on the glass , but you all know that
biggrin-1.png

In pubs of old ....when they had pins and £1 pints as standard issue <sigh> ..... a beermat or two usually worked wonders for levelling . A beer or 6 could have the same effect of course
wink-1.png
...to hell with levelling lets just play this bad boy !

GrizZ' date=' post: 1688801 said:
to hell with levelling lets just play this bad boy !

Top tip from Sgt Grizz;) ……., I never level my machines as a rule, just dry hump them and sometimes switch them on for a crafty game but today when I placed a ball on the glass-lockdown bar on the JD, the thing rolled right off the pin on to the deck.........thought fooooooook me, now that really is on the **** but can I be arssed to get my spanner out, can I buggery, it can stay like that because levelling won't change that crap game into something worth playing :mad:

Looks like we might have a "top tips" section. and it also looks like its going in the same direction as the Viz one.

Thanks for that Andy.

Remind me to buy you a sprit level next time I see you, how much are they again ? Ah yes around a quid.

The bdk in olympia arcade in Scarborough was so badly on the **** I had to stick a plastic leaflet holder under the front right leg just to stop the ball falling off the wire form into the outlane from the plunge! I did get some funny looks!

I also use the ball on the lock bar trick. It is a good measure of levelness. You can extend this method to the back end too, by removing the backglass, and placing the ball on the channel that the glass fits into.

pinballmania' date=' post: 1688814 said:
I also use the ball on the lock bar trick. It is a good measure of levelness. You can extend this method to the back end too, by removing the backglass, and placing the ball on the channel that the glass fits into.

You cheapskate Andy

Christ! is that BDK in Scarborough still like that? I used to give that machine a good hefty shove to the side when the ball ran down that wire form!
smile-1.png
A quite lax tilt setting on that pin too IIRC...
biggrin-1.png

I bought myself a digital Inclinometer off ebay for £25 to level all my machines. Does the job just great, and you can set up the playfield slope accurately as well.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DigiPas-D...ols_Levels&hash=item3ca9339afc#ht_2525wt_1189

ihandy level for the iphone - great multi-purpose spirit level - i've put up shelves using this thing (and it's bloomin accurate too!!)
biggrin-1.png

Cost is even better - Free
smile-1.png

Paul' date=' post: 1688897 said:
ihandy level for the iphone - great multi-purpose spirit level - i've put up shelves using this thing (and it's bloomin accurate too!!)
biggrin-1.png

Cost is even better - Free
smile-1.png

What so iphones are free now are they?

Handy little app if you do own a iphone. I don't so its the good old sprit level for me.

pinballmania' date=' post: 1688814 said:

Good thinking batman or should I say Legend
wink-1.png

Back
Top Bottom