What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LEDs on a Zac Farfalla

Biff

Site Supporter
Alias
****a
Anyone got any recommendations for LEDs for a solid state like Farfalla?

cheers

john

Comet Warm whites. Or Sunlights if you want it a little brighter. I would avoid cold whites but that is all just personal opinion

Few LED suppliers in the UK, however I think that only Pinball Bazaar stocks the Comet brand:

Actually PH do have 1 model of Comets: https://www.pinball.co.uk/spares-ac...-2835-twin-superbright-led-with-dome-type-44/

Thank you. So are these really ghost free, or do you still get some ghosting on the matrix? Anyone have any experience with them and Zaccaria Solid states in particular?

Cheers

JB

According to the blurb on their websites: Comets are non-ghosting so should be good. The ones on pinball-led.co.uk aren't so would avoid. onestoppinball.co.uk has some branded as "non-ghosting" so would only take those.

I don't have any idea about Zac EMs though - only seen ghosting on SAM machines, and WPCs also suffer from it although you can get a patched ROM which helps.

Hey Buddy, the GI ones you should use 2SMD’s the inserts should be 1SMD and we only stock non ghosting 1SMD’s from comet.

we have all sorts in stock.
336B360C-FA70-4D36-826E-AB29D1C47815.jpeg

Thank you. So are these really ghost free, or do you still get some ghosting on the matrix? Anyone have any experience with them and Zaccaria Solid states in particular?

Cheers

JB
I've got Comets in my Zaccaria Magic Castle and Spooky and see absolutely no ghosting in either machine so I would presume Farfalla should see the same results, share some pictures when its finished - I love Farfalla :D

Back
Top Bottom