What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED Upgrade for Monster Bash

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2463

Hello All,
Now that all the mechanical issues are out of the way on my MB I've ordered a set of LEDs from pinballleds.

I just wondered if anyone had any tips for doing this swap out and if anyone could answer these questions:

1: Do I need to do anything with the firmware on the table? I've heard some pins I know need modded code to cope with LEDs.
2: Can I do this section at a time so have some lights incandescents and some LEDs? Or do I need to hit them all at one time?

any other tips appreciated!
Thanks,
Neil.

Not sure about ghosting issues on WPC95 games like Monster Bash, hopefully someone who owns one can chime in. You should be able to get a patched ROM for it though if needed.

Yes you can do them section at a time and have a mix of LEDs and incandescent in the game, it won't cause any issues :thumbs:

Just chuck em all in using the guide supplied. Then stand back and see how it looks. If you are OCD like me you'll end swapping some out to get the colours looking right. You might have some ghosting issues with LEDs - there may be an EPROM upgrade that will solve it.

Your upgrade might not include GI bulbs or the back box - that will need another order - all good fun [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know why nobody can provide superbright leds for in kit form for the GI?

Comet and stuff in the USA do - but where is the fun in that? I enjoy ordering the colours I want for the GI and doing it the way I want it. Anyway if there was a kit you would likely just mostly end up with warm white because colour is totally subjective to the owner, if you did a colour-coded kit there is bound to be someone who thinks its wrong.

Comet and stuff in the USA do - but where is the fun in that? I enjoy ordering the colours I want for the GI and doing it the way I want it. Anyway if there was a kit you would likely just mostly end up with cool white because colour is totally subjective to the owner, if you did a colour-coded kit there is bound to be someone who thinks its wrong.
True, but i hate ending up with a **** load of frosted dome leds that are all warm white. Have bags and bags of these. I'd rather just not have any GI and order them in myself. Like you said it's all personal preference, but i like to mix up the GI alittle bit. I even put some of the flexible LEDs in some places to really brighten up dark area and rails.

To remove the bulbs it's just pull for the smaller 555 ones? And twist for the slightly bigger ones? Don't want
To force anything :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To remove the bulbs it's just pull for the smaller 555 ones? And twist for the slightly bigger ones? Don't want
To force anything :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wedges just pull out, bayonettes push down slightly, twist the lugs out the holes then release pressure and if they don't pop out unaided under the slight tension then pull them out manually.

Back
Top Bottom