What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! Led-ocd Stern SAM Inserts

kev a

Site Supporter
As above

looking for an led ocd for inserts to fit Stern.
Can't find any available from seller that ship to the uk :(

Thanks

There is a new afterglow board coming soon that will support Sam games. I have the designs ready to go but haven't teed up the build yet. Give me a shout if interested and I'll start a list.

Well.. if I got my ar5e in gear it'd be a couple of weeks! Just been tied up with other projects so haven't had the time to sit down with it and go through the BOM properly.

Leave it with me and ill try and get things moving this week.

Cool, im up for giving it a go. New game has fading light effects, think it would look really good with less flicker.

Yes mate it would - SAM/Whitestar both compatible. I'll put you down 👍

Just currently waiting on the designer of this version to provide a version of the design that I can edit, then I'll do a run.

Well, this is happening.

Afterglow Revisited by Pelle Wallberg. DataEast, Sys11, WPC, Whitestar and SAM games all supported. I'll be doing the fabrication, production, support etc.

1633980840892.png

1633980853433.png

1633980865093.png

Don't know if you remember Pelle - he produced a great mod for BOP that faded the robot head lights in a sexy way. Obviously still going great work 🤘🏻

Details details 😉

Same as the ledocd and original afterglow - it takes the column and row data direct from the power board, and fades the on/off so that LEDs appear more like incandescents.

Can you just swap out the interface board to make it work with different manufacturers?

Exactly that - two different versions of those light green shields. One for wpc, the other for sys11/DE and (using alt connectors) sam/whitestar.

It also means that only one variation of the extension cabling needs to be produced, which is good news for those of us who are a bit sick of crimping!

Exactly that - two different versions of those light green shields. One for wpc, the other for sys11/DE and (using alt connectors) sam/whitestar.

It also means that only one variation of the extension cabling needs to be produced, which is good news for those of us who are a bit sick of crimping!
Nice! do you think it would be possible to get an extra shield? Would be good to try on both Stern and Sys 11 if poss.

Well, this is happening.

Afterglow Revisited by Pelle Wallberg. DataEast, Sys11, WPC, Whitestar and SAM games all supported. I'll be doing the fabrication, production, support etc.

View attachment 149835

View attachment 149836

View attachment 149837

Don't know if you remember Pelle - he produced a great mod for BOP that faded the robot head lights in a sexy way. Obviously still going great work 🤘🏻
Hello,
I'm interested to buy one for my Simpsons machine. (Stern)
Thanks to put me on your list.
Cheers
Jean-Michel

Back
Top Bottom