What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED’s as close to incandescent colour

Comet warm white or Sunlights are your best bet. They're the best LED available by far and they're now even easier to get your hands on via @James wonderful Pinball Bazaar of wonders!

Just trying to get away from 555’s in this Fish Tales light board. It had a burnt plug and pins due to the amount of bulbs on each string.

I agree with Neil - nothing replaces the look and feel (and heat and power characteristics!) of incandescent bulbs, but comet’s warm white are a pretty good compromise. Personally I couldn’t give a monkeys about incandescents, except maybe flashers as LEDs haven’t yet superseded them, so I really prefer the sunlight white LED colour because it is very neutral and you see the actual colour of the insert plastics when this shines through them, not a heavily warmed/orange version like you do with an incandescent. I opt for frosted domes, they disperse the light a bit better.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom