What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

latest hobbit video

johnwhitfield

Site Supporter
Alias
John Whitfield

Just saw this footage of The Hobbit on Pinside.

Looks far better than back in Oct. Still not impressed at all with the sock puppet Smaug and the slingshot plastics but the rest of it is looking pretty cool:thumbs:

Hopefully this should mean the release date should be soon

yep, looks pretty good. i like the trolls and the Fish Tales Boat ramps, but the right ramp up top looks very tight, i think i saw about 4 go in and about 20 bounce out of there. Smaug seems to do nothing, and the 'book' LCD looks like it should be used to take over some of the main screen info display, but the speed camera is gone, and overall i'd give it a thumbs up based on that. hopefully there will be one at NERG in June?

The animations on the LCD looks amazing, but the gameplay seems sooooo sloooooowww.....
maybe not set steep enough, i have mine with breeze blocks under the back legs to make 'em play even faster.

thx John
i like it, i think smaug was ok, looked like he was speaking when appropriate, and you are right about that lcd Dave

They have missed a massive opportunity to do something/anything more interesting with Smaug :hmm: Why ?? How long has this thing been in the pipeline and all it does is swivel its head and yak yakkity yak a bit. Should have been soooooooooo much more interactive.

Game looks fine and I'm sure will be a lot of fun but would have been nice to have something a bit more 'WOW' about it. Just all feels a bit same old, same old. WOZ def impresses this old trooper more.

They have missed a massive opportunity to do something/anything more interesting with Smaug :hmm: Why ?? How long has this thing been in the pipeline and all it does is swivel its head and yak yakkity yak a bit. Should have been soooooooooo much more interactive.

Game looks fine and I'm sure will be a lot of fun but would have been nice to have something a bit more 'WOW' about it. Just all feels a bit same old, same old. WOZ def impresses this old trooper more.

I'm sure originally he was going to do more wasn't his area on the drawings huge to to start with like it was gonna be a whole dragon. I'm sure he was ment to move the ball about to

Don't mean to sound crude, but it looks like a dog has curled something out on the playfield left of that mini LCD screen? what is that? :confused: also apart from the animated translite I think it's fair to say that pinball has not moved on since Williams threw in the towel 15 years ago, FT, MM, FH, it's all there and done before, good luck to JJ though and hope it turns out to be a successful peach when all is said and done.

I think it looks fantastic, more appealing than WoZ. Just wish they'd hurry up and get it out there.

What's up with the hate on Smaug? It's a pinball machine, you can't except theme park quality animatronics. He's more detailed, animated, and interactive than any other character we've previously seen in a pin.

As the only real toy on the game I though that the focus would be on Smaug. For me he's a real let down. I was expecting 20+ years of improvement on the TREX in JP but he doesn't actually appear to do anything. No magnet, no interaction with the ball. Considering the third film was all about Smaug I would have thought it would have been far more of a toy. The presale hype was a fully interactive toy which this isn't

Not quite as **** as dancing Angus in AC/DC or Elvis but really not much better than those. The detail in the dwarf barrels was great, Smaug just isn't in the same league,

good to see the animations for multi-ball etc seems to have been vastly improved from WOZ.

That very well maybe the case, not really going to know until it's played.

But it does look slow/floaty/boring/easy. If you had non-static players in the video I expect you would've seen some lengthy ball times.

WoZ was exactly the same in the early stages but that turned out to be pretty quick.
Just for the record I really like it, yes Smaug should have done more but overall it looks like a cracking machine.

I played the proto in the Netherlands last year and it didn't really do anything for me. The LCD looks to have great animations now, but I'm not really bothered about them. The playfield's too open and the ramps are a bit boring. The new colourful playfield seems to not fit with the side art and the top of the back glass graphics, which are much less colourful. I always thought that WOZ was too colourful but having eventually got to play it, next to the proto Hobbit, I really enjoyed playing it and the colours didn't bother me too much.

JJP took forever with WOZ, I'm surprised that they're taking so long with this one. I know they have commitment to deliver with the Movie release or something, but having built up all that technology and capability to produce, I'd have thought that economics would have dictated that they have to deliver something new at least once a year.

Fingers crossed they pull the Hobbit out of the bag, we need the competition for Stern et al. !

You can win a smaug LE as NLP are offering one up as the main prize in our raffle this year. I have tickets for sale if anyone wants to buy some. £10 each.

Back
Top Bottom