What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest colordmd release...

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
I don't believe it (Victor Meldrew style)...

Popeye!!!....

ColorDMD Announces POPEYE!!!

ColorDMD is excited to announce support for Popeye Saves The Earth pinball machines! Hghly regarded by collectors as one of the most innovative pinball games of all time, Popeye currently tops the Pinside charts at #272 on the Pinside Top 100!

Popeye, easily one of the most highly requested titles for the ColorDMD treatment (seriously... Phoebe wouldn't stop asking), joins the lineup as the 23rd supported title in the ColorDMD lineup and 9th new title release in 2015!

If it comes as any surprise that Popeye didn't receive our attention sooner, thank no other than strongman Dave (Taxman) Tcaks! Dave pays tribute to the vision of pioneering preservationists, Popeye and Python Anghelo, and their combined mission to replenish the earth's rainforests through using only watering cans and some kind of boat.

Though the pinball world lost Python last year, his legend lives on in Popeye's audacious theme and playfield layout. Popeye contains rich artwork and deep DMD animations that look outstanding when viewed through Dave's talented eye. Dave packs a 1-2 punch, also bringing to bear his Masters Degree in Computer Science and 30 years in software development.

The ColorDMD for Popeye Saves the Earth pinball machines leverages the company's easy-to-install ColorDMD SIGMA platform and supports six different rendering styles. Multicolor operation is enabled through free download and installation of a game-specific ROM using a USB drive. The display may be reconfigured for use with any supported title.

Displays are in stock now for immediate shipping, and the color ROM for Popeye will be available for download from our site by June 19, 2015.

Thank you for your continued support! Stay tuned as we continue to roll out a number of new developer projects throughout the summer!

on the flipside, this means anything is now possible. So it's more like a 'when', not 'if'. Superb marketing idea.

Keeping my Fingers crossed for Congo, Tron, TZ, and pretty much any other game.

I mailed them a while back asking if I could help out with Rocky & Bullwinkle.

No idea if their system is even compatible with DE tables but I got no reply at all from them. Shame as the theme of the game would work really well with a colour display.

If you look at the games that they have released colour DMD for from day one, they started with all the highest value and most desirable pins (such as Medeval Madness) makes sense really .... spending £300+ on a colour dmd is no big deal if you own a £3k+ game, but Popeye WTF? who is going to spend £330 on a display for game that's worth £500 in parts? ;)

I don't think the people who are doing the colour for some of these low end titles even work for Color DMD do they? Just pinheads doing their bit for fun, that was the impression I got anyway.

Nothing wrong with putting them in low end machines, I would definitely have put one in Getaway if I hadn't sold it just before they announced the code. You can always switch it to another machine anytime, not like you have to buy one just for one machine. It'll only be a matter of time before all the DMD games are done.

I don't think the people who are doing the colour for some of these low end titles even work for Color DMD do they? Just pinheads doing their bit for fun, that was the impression I got anyway.

This is correct I believe. Genius really! Get a load of volunteers to do all the tedious hard work and then sell them for a sky high price. Happy days. Wish I had thought of it.

:p

I mailed them a while back asking if I could help out with Rocky & Bullwinkle.

No idea if their system is even compatible with DE tables but I got no reply at all from them. Shame as the theme of the game would work really well with a colour display.
They have confirmed DE compatible. I know cos I regularly badger them to do Tommy ;-)

Sent from my nuclear bunker using Tapatalk

If it comes as any surprise that Popeye didn't receive our attention sooner, thank no other than strongman Dave (Taxman) Tcaks! Dave pays tribute to the vision of pioneering preservationists, Popeye and Python Anghelo, and their combined mission to replenish the earth's rainforests through using only watering cans and some kind of boat

Thank you for your continued support! Stay tuned as we continue to roll out a number of new developer projects throughout the summer!

Just surprised to find that dave the taxman has been designing colour dmd's never would have guessed the old boy has a few tricks up his sleeve

There is no downside each time one of these titles comes out. Some are dodgy (I'm looking at you Scared Stiff) but each one of them brings out little details that I've never noticed before.

Got to save a few pennies and but a stern one and then swap it over a few times. Reprogramed my WH20 to become AFM - so simple to do:)

Suspect next time I get a dud DMD in a game I'll stump up the difference and fit a colour monitor in a game I like and swap the DMDs over.

Back
Top Bottom