What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kilian Martin better than Rodney Mullen??

Absolutely no way!!!!!
biggrin-1.png
Rodney Mullen is the greatest skateboarder ever IMO. Kilian Martin is good but he wouldn't even be doing the stuff he does without Mullen....check out the things he invented

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodney_Mullen

And the master at work.....

Speaking as someone that never quite mastered the ollie, but has now watched at least two skateboard videos, it is my qualified expert opinion that the second guy was more betterer.

Great videos guys, cheers!

Maybe the post should be titled "the next Rodney Mullen" rather than " better than"! All current freestyle skaters will have studied Mullen. I think in this case though the pupil is already as good as the teacher. He is also still active unlike Mullen, who from what I can gather can't ride anymore. Not taking anything away from Mullen though he was the only "back in the day" freestyle skater

I don't know enough to really join in this discussion, I was awful at skateboarding but have always admired the people who can do trick that seem to defy gravity.

The first video starts off slow, it is filmed very well, great camera work and a fantastic location. The way they showed you the location before it turned to neglect was fantastic, sort of respectful to the place that has now turned to somewhere Kilian has potentially gained unauthorised access. As an urban explorer, it was fantastic to see.

I didn't think Kilian started off great, a few times I though he looked unbalanced but maybe I expected too much but quickly he built up and by the end I was in no doubt of his natural talent. I have heard of Rodney and a quick recap of his video showed he has a grace and flow that Kilian has yet to quite gain but I still enjoyed the staged Kilian video much more.

Keep them coming, these are fantastic to watch.
wink-1.png

Rodney Mullin apparently grew up On a farm which only had a tiny hard standing of concrete, hence he mastered the spinning tricks and flips. Still a legend.

I've given up traditional skating. I longboard these days. It's a lIttle more acceptable for a 32 year old to do!!!

Back
Top Bottom